Spray bar????

73DATSON

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a L4 219 head with the (I believe) 260Z spray bar modded & shortened on it. It looks just like the one on my buddies 74' 260Z we are rebuilding. It is mounted to the cam towers and gets oil via them. I'm not at my shop or I would take some pictures.

I have a L4 219 head with the (I believe) 260Z spray bar modded & shortened on it. It looks just like the one on my buddies 74' 260Z we are rebuilding. It is mounted to the cam towers and gets oil via them. I'm not at my shop or I would take some pictures.

Kool that's what I'm trying to do. Did you do it?

I have thought about this before. There are 2 ways of going about this.

One way is to get the cam towers from a 240Z along with the spray bar. You will have to cut the spray bar to fit the L4 engine. This will fit inside the rocker cover and you can check the spray pattern with the cover off.

The second option will be an aftermarket kit with the spray bar bolted to the rocker cover and external oil feed line. It may be a bit more difficult to check the oil spray pattern.

DSC03216.jpg

Not sure, perhaps the oil spray bar was an after thought.  I would speculate they had to go with the right side becasue the oil galley was there?  Changing it to the left side may have required significant modifications to the oil feed.

I don't know about the one that attaches to the cam towers but I have one that is attached to the valve cover and the motor was run at redline constantly before I got it (mini stock racer). The valve train is still in awesome shape so I assume it is doing the job well. Looks simple to install. Drill a few holes, mont the bar, run a flex line from block to valve cover. Done.

I have one that is attached to the valve cover and the motor was run at redline

simple to install. Drill a few holes, mont the bar, run a flex line from block to valve cover. Done.

i have over 10,000 mi now and its still looks good.

Which one is Easyer? The one you T into the valve cover?

yes.

available from wolf creek racing.