WTB: L20B non-Smog Exhaust and intake

title Pretty much sums it up. anyone want to part way with there's :rolleyes: ?

also unless around the Monterey county area would have to be shipped. so if yes...pm to figure out prices. thanks guys!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually the head isnt much of a concern considering you can run a square port mani on a round port head just not the other way around 

anyway without port work to an l16 intake manifold its very restrictive

I have a Nissan Service manual emission control system for 1970-1971.  My point, even the L-16 engines are "smog" engines.  The requirements got tighter for 1972-1973.  And the L-20-B was not even sold them.  In 1974, the L-20-B was introduced, and had even more emission controls than 1972-1973 engines.  

Most all L-20-B manifolds are "smog" manifolds.  Part of the reason Nissan made bigger engines is to compensate for the loss of power from emission requirements.

actually the head isnt much of a concern considering you can run a square port mani on a round port head just not the other way around 

anyway without port work to an l16 intake manifold its very restrictive

Depends on what you want.I have an un-ported L-16 manifold on my 2.3 and i'm making 160 foot pounds at the rear wheel.

You can take the early L16 intake and open it up ...port it to the L20B head port size .I think the stock L16 port is 1.25 and stock L20B would be 1.50 ,if you are in need of the early .little to no smog L16 intake I have some and I could offer to port match it with a new gasket for 150.00 and shipping would be 20,00 to your area .

The '78-'80 intake is larger for an L20B and is not joined to the exhaust. I don't 'get' NON SMOG. The smog intakes are better for flow than the smaller L16/18s, so running the smaller ones is like shooting yourself in the foot.

You can take the early L16 intake and open it up ...port it to the L20B head port size .I think the stock L16 port is 1.25 and stock L20B would be 1.50 ,if you are in need of the early .little to no smog L16 intake I have some and I could offer to port match it with a new gasket for 150.00 and shipping would be 20,00 to your area .

Yes but only a port match. You can't hog it out all the way up the runner.

You know I'm going to invent a sensible block off plate for later 'smog' intakes that bolt on and become a milloinaire. No, wait, Datsun owners can't afford stuff like this. They make leaky ones out of JB weld.

Depends what you are trying to accomplish and what motor it's on.

True, Bill. Most here care only to hear the full out high RPM performance gains option. An L16/18 will work just fine and give good throttle response because of the faster air velocity. Maybe slightly less top end potential.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.