1975 620 4x4 V-8

Wylder1324

Just added this beauty to the stable.  Will be flying up to Las Vegas in the fall at which time my brother, best friend and I will be taking a 10 day road trip back down to SE Texas with the 620 as well as my 320 for what should be a life altering experience as we rough it via camping gear all the way home.  The 320 is already in Vegas getting some restoration and modification done (check the thread in the 320 section) and although the newly acquired 620 doesn't need a whole lot she will get a few fine tuned addition as well so stay tuned.

C1332D27-F8A8-474F-9B1C-BC6FB0DCD950-198

55900C66-B6FA-4A90-A920-AE1CC9F694F8-198

21BBC791-D301-4D09-8D0E-5FB85B74C486-198

41EB3D85-EF6A-4D21-878C-BC94BE2E3FC0-198

55411EB2-6D68-412A-BD2D-3B4D32EC5AF3-198

CF95FFD8-0C1C-493D-936A-2DD43C2F9B82-198

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they originally wanted WAY too much $ for it and I arguable probably paid too much myself at $9k but considering the extensive receipts of over 40k invested I don't feel TOO bad about it.  The V-8 should be fun.  I was honestly in the market for a KC to do this to because I like not only the look better but the added bit of space behind the seat but there is no way I could have gotten a 620 to this stage for $9k and I would venture to say its one of if not THE cleanest 620 around…..although not completely original obviously.

Next phase is to add A/C, power steering, spray in Line-X in the bed of the truck, lighting on the roll bar, carpet the interior (or possibly Line-X w/ custom carpeted mats), Line-X coated side step bars, and a decent stereo system and I think we will call her a finished product.

Powered by a rebuilt Aluminum 1962 Oldsmobile 215ci V/8. (Produced in the 1960's, this Olds V/8 was once the lightest production V/8 in the world at a little over 300 pounds).

Holley Projection Electronic Fuel Injection System.

Dana 44 Rear End w/Tru-Track / Dana 30 Front End / 4 X 4

Dual (2) 4 Speed Manual Transmissions effectively offering 16 speeds forward w/a lowest speed of 1 MPH.

Hurst Shifter.

Tachometer / Vacuum Gauge / Roll Bar / Rancho Shocks / Bucket Seats / New Headliner and Door Panels / New Tires

theres a video on youtube of a 620 looks identical to that had a v8 too just dont know which motor.  Anyway nice truck! however had that took there time on it.  I like the gauges drilled into the bezel by the radio.  Post pictures of the carpet when you get it and where you got it :thumbup: also like the chrome tail light bezels and tailgate levers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They did have it displayed at a lot hoping to get more lookers I suppose.  I should have pictures sometime this week of progress but over the next 30 days it will have the following completed:

- Upgraded Alternator

- Optima dry cell battery

- Custom under passenger dash A/C system

- Interior floors sprayed in Line-X w/ custom carpeted floor mats

- Side steps, rear bumper, roll bar and bed Line-X

- KC Daylighters x4 on roll bar

- H4 headlights x4

- Window tint

Finishing touches in preparation for the treck back to Texas in September/October.  

• 3 months later...

Looks like we will be bringing this beauty to the show in Williams 1st weekend of October.  The truck has had quite a few things added since we purchased it.  I will post pics as soon as I can but the list is as follows...

- Custom A/C system

- Upgraded Alternator & Dry Cell Battery

- H4 Headlights

- KC Daylighters on Roll Bar

- Line-X Bed, Roll Bar, Rear Bumper, Nerf Bars and Interior Tub

- Retro Sounds Stereo

• 3 weeks later...