converter thefts on the rise in the ATL

They seem to like the Honda's and the CRV especially for the ground clearance.  Over 30 stolen this year in one ATL area so far.  They get about $200 for the scrap and the dealer gets $1900 for a new converter.  I'm kind of liking my old Datto's after seeing that.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that they are bolted in, not welded... I am helping a friend change out the CAT on her CRV... Super easy!

Most of them stolen here are just cut out. It's quicker for them to climb under a car in a parking garage, cut it out with a sawzall and drive off. Noisy, but quick. 

One of my customers (cop) was telling me about it. He watched a guy do it in under 30 seconds on a C1500 before realizing he was stealing the converter and stopped him. 

I think some of these lazy ass losers need to get a damn job and stop stealing peoples shit to pay for their fuckin drug habits.

I always keep my truck within eyesight. Every time someone's walking around my truck at work looking closely at it, I write down their plate number and memorize their face. 

• Like 1

Well if you think about it thats an easy trouble take. You steal one you know hes going to replace it since you just stole it lol so you just come back and take it again. Third time though is asking to get caught in some kind of sting. 

This shit is nothing new, remember "fly by night"

Odd it's just hitting Atlanta now.  That's been going on for quite a while in Spokane.  But then, what crime hasn't? ;)  Sad but true.  My neighbor found a dipshit sawing off his cat a few years back and held him at dog and knifepoint until the cops came to arrest him.  He didn't like having a dog chomping on his leg while he was trying to extract a cat. :D

• Like 1