Mav's 610

KhumatMibro

Hey peeps,

new to the forum. Just thought i'd post up a few pics of my 610 fatsun.

Bought it from a forum user Dave.

Plans are to respray it white and put some decent sus in it. currently rocking makita springs with bangin oiless shockies

Rocking ssr mkI's 15x7.5j and 8j rear, with a bit of delicious minus offset. Plans are to find a pair of 9.5 or 10j's for the rears and flip the 8's over to the front.

Currently running shirty second hand tyres, in the smallest size i could acquire. Will acheive more stretchedness once my bank balance allows me to purchase fresh rubber.

Long term i'd like to see if a straight 6 L engine would squeeze in like the nippon gtx's. But for now its just a stock as a rock L20.

My previous cruise bus was a 73 corona sitting literally an inch from the ground. Always loved the 610 sedan shape though, so had to jump on this when Dave had it for sale.

I'm looking for some chrome trim for around the windows on the sides of the car, inbox or reply on this post if you have or know of any for sale

Let me know your thoughts, negative or positive idc.

Cheers,

Maverick

photo6.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

looophoto3.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, i'll respray it white (love white cars, so neat/clean)

I love the note of the straight 6, triple carb, L engines. My other thought was an NA rotor but would rather keep it in the datsun family.

It has the one single drivers side mirror. Might possibly get fender mirrors eventually

Measure the motor length and then add 50%. Now show yourself where the front of the motor will be. The 610 has a 4 cylinder.... stick with 4 cylinders. There are 4s that make as much power as the L28 and weigh a hell of a lot less.

I think from memory the 2000 GTX 610 in japan has the radiator mounted infront of the radiator support. So may fit, will sus it out when the time comes (and the funds)

And i'm not worried about the power, its never going to be a race car, i just like the straight 6's

Measure the motor length and then add 50%. Now show yourself where the front of the motor will be. 

This isn't exactly true.  ^_^

Basically add two pistons/bores which would work out to an extra 20cm or so. By your math it would be more like 30cm.

Maverick, if need be, I can measure both on Saturday and tell you the difference? 

Well it's balanced right? So it would be adding one to the back and one to the front. 

Don't know what difference that would make? Two holes is two holes.   :rofl:

And if you look at the architecture of the two engines, you'll see they were added in the middle.  B)

My point was the extra casting at the back of the block is the same, the timing cover area is the same, so you can't just say take half the engine length (roughly 11.5") and add it to the front. Those two extra cylinders are not that long. 

Or did you mean positioned in the car it would be adding one to the front and one to the rear? If that's what you meant, that wouldn't be the case either unless you're chopping the firewall. Then you're also moving the shifter back, enlarging the trans tunnel, etc. 

if your good with metal strech the front like nissan did it would be more work then cutting the firewall but it wouldnt be to difficult as long as you know how to weld sheet metal pluss you could keep your stock heater and everything under the dash it would be bad ass hell get an extra hood and fenders to make it work if i hadnt offed my wrecked parts i would have donated them to the cause

but if your gonna take it that far stuff an rb in there  :devil: 

• Like 1

Cheers Datsunfreak, itd be great to know the extra lengths between an L20 and the 6cyl L's. I wonder how the 6 would go down below with the sump etc

Yeah Bonvo thats a pretty mad idea, cut and weld a whole section in. Can see this turning into a pretty big project ha might be worth doing before i spray it hey. Not really keen on a later model donk. Would rather keep it a bit old school, n/a and carbed

Looks like a Ratsun. I'm picking up a 610 sedan next week!! I love the look of the sedans compared to the coupes. I'd still take a coupe though.

L6's are beasts. When you pull one out & look at it you realize how big they are. I measured the L24E in my 810 for you & it's around 33" from the back to the front of the fan, while the valve cover is 27" long. I would suggest a 4 cylinder, or a V6. I have experience cramming a VQ in a 510 :) I was considering that for the 610 I'm getting but decided I didn't want to cut up a trans tunnel again.

Cheers Datsunfreak, itd be great to know the extra lengths between an L20 and the 6cyl L's. I wonder how the 6 would go down below with the sump etc

Yeah Bonvo thats a pretty mad idea, cut and weld a whole section in. Can see this turning into a pretty big project ha might be worth doing before i spray it hey. Not really keen on a later model donk. Would rather keep it a bit old school, n/a and carbed

big project yes but very bad ass and unique it would be the only one like it in the world extended 610 using the regular 610 sheet metal its something i would love to do if i had another coupe to play with 

Cheers Datsunfreak, itd be great to know the extra lengths between an L20 and the 6cyl L's.

I'll get that tomorrow.  :thumbup:

I wonder how the 6 would go down below with the sump etc

Probably be best to use a 240Z crossmember, rack, oil sump, etc. wouldn't it? I'd bet with minimal fuss (assuming you can find parts for an early Zed down there) you could put most/all of the 240Z bits in the front end of your car? Seen it done twice in a 510, can't be too much different with a 610.