Florida/georgia/alabama members thread

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now, if my silverado didn't need its 350 id be making motor mounts.

(not really)

But it would be nice to get a cruise in every once in a while. I know a killer stretch near micanopy, something like 28 miles of rolling back roads with lots of banked curves. Plus cafe risque could be the end point, so you'd have datto's, tits and bush all in one place!

but then youd get that mississippi guy thats trying to put a v8 into his 520 chimming in.   i think this was a deliberate act to keep him away, lol

Ah I see lol 

Haha yeah the dragon is not a place for the average datsun but man I'd love to take a fast Z screaming through all 318 turns. 

I will say that Bryson City would be a cool place for a meet but not this time of the year. 

It would be so flippin awesome to have a datsun meet on the gulf. Pensacola, Panama city, Destin, any of them. 

A convoy of Datsuns driving across the 3 mile bridge, a party on Santa Rosa island, then cruise down the coast to Navarre and cross the sound to Blackwater forest for some spirited drivin  B)  

One can dream.

Yeah a friend of mine and his cougar lady friend drove to michigan to buy a top of the line 2012 370z with like 20k on the dash for 23 grand. So of course they hit the dragon on the way back. Lucky bastard. He said he had to stop twice on the dragon, oil temps kept spiking. On a 370! Imagine our datto's.

Lowlife, you anywhere near geneva county? I got family there.

Went to school in Tallahassee, I do miss those canopy roads white sand beaches and meandering rivers of the panhandle. I was also a river guide on the Nantahala (Cherokee for Land of the noon day Sun) in Bryson City, Now you guys are hitting my soft spot...

Tallahassee%20Canopy%20Road.jpg

nantahala-river-map.jpg

Nantahala is the only whitewater I've ever rafted. It was a blast!

Wasn't really my style of river riding. I like to find a nice slow stretch of chattooga and float down with a tube, bag of blunts, and case of beer.

Rafting was a lot of work and I was 

Look at that face. I don't even know how to explain the expression. Must have been fun. 

Now I wanna go rafting....

img_1120_zpsd9959ae2.jpg

We used to take a raft and run the Ocoee on our days off. It was where they had the Olympic training grounds for kayaking. They used to have a scale model of a section of the river and had exact scaled models of all the large boulders in that stretch of the river. They would make up mock rapids so that they could get the rapids and holes perfect for the Olympics. Pretty cool.I remember Power house

While in Florida you must try tubing down the Itchnetuckne.