GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my%20my%20 i have a '70 510 wagon. I couldn't figure out how to post a picture of it though. it has an L20b,non-dogleg 5-speed,a webber at the moment,but i have dual su's that will be going on as soon as i find a heat shield,a choke cable,and some kind of air cleaners for them. it DESPERATELY needs a new fuel tank,as it sat from sometime in '94 until about 6 months ago with bad gas in it. the tank is apparently "crumbling" from the inside out. it keeps clogging the fuel line,and filter.

if anyone has a tank for reasonably cheap(i'm a laid off auto parts worker) that can be picked up near Canby,Oregon or shipped to me in Canby,Oregon please let me know. thanks! -Loren lgolver@hotmail.com

is the reason I wouldn't need choke cables(except maybe in Oregon) climate related? I have a weber on the car at the moment,but it has an electric choke. It STILL doesn't idle reliably! I used to be into air cooled Volkswagens,and had dual 40 Kadron(Solex)carbs on them. They didn't have chokes,but they really didn't idle reliably either. I don't really like having to goose the throttle all the time in traffic,so idleing is important to me. It isn't always warm here in oregon,so that,and the idleing is why I am looking for choke cables. How do I find the thread about posting pictures? I'm new to "forums". Never really got into chat rooms before either,just figuring out how to use these tools. I need a wagon gas tank badly!,any idea where I might get one,and how to get it to Canby,Oregon? Thanks for your reply! -Loren.

med_gallery_5766_648_227061.jpg[my '70 510 wagon. l20b,non dogleg 5-speed currently running a weber,but have su's to go on asap. i also want to switch to some old school wheels like libre (maybe the new VTO ones)or some slot style mags,as long as they'll work with the brake upgrade i'm planning( 200sx,or maxima rear rotors,maybe z car fronts,but i want to stay with 4-lug wheels.) check my profile gallery for more pictures. -Loren

HOORAY FOR THE PICTURE!!!! looks like u figured out how to post pics.

Choke cables will help start the car when the motor is cold by adjusting the fuel to air ratio until the motor reaches the right operating but a couple pumps of the gas pedal also works:). u can also adjust the carbs to run slightly rich and this would also act like a choke but by doing this the "choke" would always b on.

and since u said ur gas tank is in really bad shape that could cause ur idling.. mayb something is gettin caught in ur fuel lines.... timing could also b off "i think "... that carb itself could b bad... spark plugs... or mayb its just the motor is cold and needs to warm up.

and to answer the how to get stuff to canby well Oregon, Washington, and Southern California seem to have the biggest datsun communities in the west coast.... and oregon has a really really tight datsun community so finding almost anything for a datsun up there shouldnt b to difficult... there probably a couple guys on this thread with at least two fuel tanks just laying around.....

my suggestion is start a project thread. This will get a lot more people on this forum looking at ur car "everyone loves new projects" and you will b able to get every datsun question u can imagine answered :D. i read that u started a profile gallery with more pictures but not to sure how many of the ratsun group go through that so when u start a project thread make sure to put tons of pictures and have them in the thread.... you might run into a couple of "PICS OR BAN!!" or "this thread is useless without pics" but its all in good fun and people here are serious about pics...

wow i feel so helpful all of a sudden... ok anyways welcome to the datsun sickness :) this is an awesome place and even better community glad u joined

Hey,thanks. I'll work on that project thread thing. So far it would only let me post 1 album,but I'll get it figured out. It kept telling me I'd used up all my" disk space?" I have a friend in Datsuns N.W. He has a couple of wagons also. One is lowered and has a vg 30 in it,the other has an L20b and dogleg 5-speed. I always check with him when I'm looking for parts. I think I found a tank,etc unless someone buys it before I can,so hopefully my car will get more reliable soon.-Loren

I have a friend in Datsuns N.W. He has a couple of wagons also. One is lowered and has a vg 30 in it,the other has an L20b and dogleg 5-speed.

Dave?

Im local if you need a hand finding parts ect too. bout 10-15 S. down 99E :cool:

Yeah, Dave is the guy I meant. He found me my current wagon,and the one I had previously(which I think I might've seen on this forum also,it's been bought& sold at least twice since I had it). I really need to just go ahead and join the club,kinda been hard for me to go to the meetings though. Dave also found me my current engine/trans and helped me put it in. He's always helping somebody like that,that's the way the car hobby should be! I hope I can do the same for him,or some other people. His yellow wagon(with the vg30 ) is fast as hell,and an inspiration for the way I'd like mine to turn out. So,where are you located? I haven't seen too many 510's in and around Canby,or oregon city area.

I am looking for a gas tank for my '70 wagon. I think I'm going to buy one from a guy on this forum,but it will have to be shipped to Canby(too bad I didn't know I needed it during the canby meet!),I used to be a shipping and receiving guy at Discount Import Parts & have seen how things get beat up,travelling on the trucks during shipping. Does anyone have a wagon gas tank for sale near Canby? If not I'll get the one I have lined up,and try not to worry about shipping damage,since the guy was giving me a good deal,and he checked it out before selling it. I went to gladstone nissan yesterday. The tank is NLA new,& $600 some dollars if they could get a new one! Forget that! I don't have too much more than that into the whole car yet,much less just one part for it!

Yeah, Dave is the guy I meant. He found me my current wagon,and the one I had previously(which I think I might've seen on this forum also,it's been bought& sold at least twice since I had it). I really need to just go ahead and join the club,kinda been hard for me to go to the meetings though. Dave also found me my current engine/trans and helped me put it in. He's always helping somebody like that,that's the way the car hobby should be! I hope I can do the same for him,or some other people. His yellow wagon(with the vg30 ) is fast as hell,and an inspiration for the way I'd like mine to turn out. So,where are you located? I haven't seen too many 510's in and around Canby,or oregon city area.

ya Daves a rad dude, Iv actually been in OC/Milwaukee the last 3 days lol cruising threw Canby there and back every time, should be starting work at Gladstone Nissan here soon too (waiting for paper work to come threw ect). I live in Hubbard. I come into Canby a few times a week to have lunch with the GF since she works there as an accountant

Iv gone to a few DNW meetings but havent gotten around to joining lol Im a member of North West Z too.

i just applied at gladstone nissan a week or so ago. For the parts department,but the girls at the counter had me write detailing on my application also,since they thought they were looking for a detailer. I went back and followed up on it yesterday,and the job had been filled. hopefully you are the one who got it! anyway,good luck with the job and let me know if you hear of them,or anyone else looking to hire a "parts" guy. i saw a green wagon both on the way into OC and on the way home several hours later,with the hood up. i was on the bus(since my tank is full of rust and crap!) or i would"ve at least tried to help. i saw the same car at the Canby meet,it's painted like an old fighter plane. I ran into Dave in town a bit later,and he knew the guy/car. i hope they got it fixed. it wasn't you and your car i hope.

Liking the wagon Loren. What kind of roof rack is that ?

I don't know what kind of rack it is,but i'll try to find a company logo or something on it. i got it from my friend Dave,since he got a factory style rack for his wagon.

i just applied at gladstone nissan a week or so ago. For the parts department,but the girls at the counter had me write detailing on my application also,since they thought they were looking for a detailer. I went back and followed up on it yesterday,and the job had been filled. hopefully you are the one who got it! anyway,good luck with the job and let me know if you hear of them,or anyone else looking to hire a "parts" guy.

if all the paper work comes threw alright I should be the new lube tech

saw a green wagon both on the way into OC and on the way home several hours later,with the hood up. i was on the bus(since my tank is full of rust and crap!) or i would"ve at least tried to help. i saw the same car at the Canby meet,it's painted like an old fighter plane. I ran into Dave in town a bit later,and he knew the guy/car. i hope they got it fixed. it wasn't you and your car i hope.

:rofl: ya it was me.

electricals taken a crap on me, Ill be crackin on it all day tomorrow.

I guess I should be posting in the rims section, but I have a wagon, so it goes here! (that's my justification)

I couldn't resist and got another set of old skool JDM wheels :P

Hayashi Streets

3826e4a9.jpg

..real deal Hayashi Racing Streets...not OG AXIS BANZAI

e439a1d4.jpg

c6ebb87a.jpg

(I know the last pic is hard to see...the back of the wheels are dirty...I'm gonna start cleaning them up later)

:frantics:

ーゴキ