• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey! I can post here now :D :P

Yea you have to clear it thru the wagon master.:fu::lol:

You made a bad choice putting your first post on the new goon in the project section.

But since your Z guy I'll let it pass.

what size tires are you guys running that have 15s?

I fitted the snowflakes from my 240z and its going to need new tires to fit.

atm there a 205/60 and are like an inch too tall.

PA210017.jpg

^ the 205/60R15

PA210018.jpg

^ and the 175/70R13

PA210016.jpg

:D theyll look good tho

Edited by Skib

oldschool003.jpg

All I can help you with is what a 195-50-15 will look like with the car sitting 3" lower than stock. I run coil overs so I didn't have any issues with the back side.

Not as low as wag or the greengoon. but low enough for me.

Not as low as wag or the greengoon. but low enough for me.

Datrod, yours is perfect at that height, even I wouldn't want it any lower:)

Skib: I found that 175/55/15s (stock Continentals from the rear of a Smart Car) are the same sidewall height as a 195/50/15 but are 20mm narrower and may help with clearance but the 195s should clear just fine in your situation and they look great on snowflakes. Great to have you in the goon squad! datto510's going tom miss his goon.

Finally! After years of buying truck after truck I finally gots me a GOON:D

It seemed I just could not find the rite car and before you knew it I would spend my savings on a 620:blink: Well I stood firm this time & bot this cool stock 69 from BMXanddie. My plans are..........Drive it!:D

No, I need to put a stereo in it.

Windshield (anyone no where I can get 1?)

Fix wiper motor

Alternator upgrade.

Hedlite upgrade

280z struts

Electronic Ignition

I did plan on putting in my built L20 with Peanut A87 head and dogleg 5 speed but this thing just runs so sweet:cool: so for now I am just going to drive her.

So here are a few pics for now. More to come:fu:

1027091553.jpg[/img]

1027091553a.jpg[/img]

1027091553b.jpg[/img]

1027091553c.jpg[/img]

Edited by DatDoug
Congrats doug on the new wagon...love the color..!!. I can help you with the EI & alternator upgrade..both easy mods.

Thanks Bro. I got the EI thing down. I also have done the alt swap on my old 2 door but I could prolly use a refresher. For instance what alt should I get? The 50 amp from NAPA for the 80 720 was what I was looking at. Or something else???

Ahhh. You got the blue one huh? I thought you were gonna get the black one from Gary? I remember this one being a good price though. I got a 720 alt in my dime and it rocks. Way better than even the 60 amp external reg. Nice wheels. Almost panasports on there? Nice,nice nice nice:fu:

Thanks Bro. I got the EI thing down. I also have done the alt swap on my old 2 door but I could prolly use a refresher. For instance what alt should I get? The 50 amp from NAPA for the 80 720 was what I was looking at. Or something else???

I went with a 60 amp. internally regulated unit for a 81 510.

hello. long time lurker, finally decided to sign up. just got my first 510 recently. it's a goon! can't wait to get it cleaned up. came with a vg30 swapped in and a few other little cool things like a factory air conditioner and a wooden momo wheel. i'm quite excited and i thought i would share. any og advice for a newb is more than welcome. =) a little beat but here she is...

my510wagonstart.jpg

34092325.jpg