• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Here I come to bring this thread back.

I felt quite sacrilegious, so I copped a Bluebird grill, and I'm rocking it hard.

IMG_1403.jpg

SDC12177.jpg

Pictures taken from the Hella NorCal BBQ Crew meet last Sunday. Anybody in NorCal should come to the next one. Tentative date is Aug 30'th.

Yeah I've had the Bluebird grill for less than two weeks and already found a screaming deal on a 68 SSS grill in PERFECT condition.

Someone talk me out of it!!

How Much ?

So I'm ready to finally replace my shocks on the Boso Goon. Here's the issue:

I'm pretty much slammed as far as I'm going to go. That means I have very little travel before my shocks bottom out. I want to get something that has a shorter stroke, is a fairly direct bolt on and has adjustable damping..

I've heard one person mention short stroke Camaro shocks being a pretty much direct replacement, giving the correct travel and available with adjustable damping.

That being said, is this a mod ONLY Sedans can use, or am I able to rock the same upgrade as well?

HELP!!

So I'm ready to finally replace my shocks on the Boso Goon. Here's the issue:

I'm pretty much slammed as far as I'm going to go. That means I have very little travel before my shocks bottom out. I want to get something that has a shorter stroke, is a fairly direct bolt on and has adjustable damping..

I've heard one person mention short stroke Camaro shocks being a pretty much direct replacement, giving the correct travel and available with adjustable damping.

That being said, is this a mod ONLY Sedans can use, or am I able to rock the same upgrade as well?

HELP!!

i saw your question answered in the other forum :) but I was wondering, didn't you fit 7.5 width wheels under stock 510 fenders?

Think I can fit a 16x7.5 +15 with 280zx brakes and rolled or rolled and pulled front no problem? I can use a small spacer too if need be

The actual wheel specs are 15x7 -12. The thing is, 7" wide and 12mm negative offset pushes the lip out, so fitment is JUST ABOUT the same as a 7.5" wheel with a zero offset.

Fitment would be the same as 15x7.5 +0, but my wheels are 15x7 -12.

Confusing, but hope that helps!

EDIT: to answer your question, the only fitment issue I could forsee is against the strut/coils to the INSIDE of the wheel. After a spacer, you might need to roll/pull a little, but you can prolly squeeze things in there with a 195/50 pretty easilly

The actual wheel specs are 15x7 -12. The thing is, 7" wide and 12mm negative offset pushes the lip out, so fitment is JUST ABOUT the same as a 7.5" wheel with a zero offset.

Fitment would be the same as 15x7.5 +0, but my wheels are 15x7 -12.

Confusing, but hope that helps!

EDIT: to answer your question, the only fitment issue I could forsee is against the strut/coils to the INSIDE of the wheel. After a spacer, you might need to roll/pull a little, but you can prolly squeeze things in there with a 195/50 pretty easilly

on the inside as well i do have coilovers so i dont have those big springs on there of course l_07a4e4cdf9f6434a87592a2f8b850ea4.jpg

thanks though will see!

on the inside as well i do have coilovers so i dont have those big springs on there of course l_07a4e4cdf9f6434a87592a2f8b850ea4.jpg

thanks though will see!

Damn what spring rate are you running?:eek:

Damn what spring rate are you running?:eek:

they are the 250lb ones from the datsun store on ebay, with NOS koni shock inserts.

car is not on the road yet due to tons of bS.... I know the front suspension is gonna be crazy firm

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering why we haven't all voted for our GOON HOME be sticky.

All in favor, say "AYE!"

"AYE!!!":D

I'll paly. :D

"AYE" :D:D:D:D