Danfiveten's 710 wagon.

danfiveten

Adam got her over to me last night, He took all the 411 parts, even though i found a few missed this morning, and will be taking the 411 next  weekend. Went out and put a different driver seat in the car, only have 2 bolts, and 1 zip tie holding in this seat...but i couldnt even fit in the car with the other seat. Got the holes all drilled for it, but was just short 1 bolt, 4th bolt is a no go since it will be right above the exhaust. OICS!

wagon_zps2c78af51.jpg

wgon2_zps2031ed49.jpg

Only issues i had this morning was getting her started, damn auto choke, but once started she ran great, i do need to get the front end rebuilt, you can feel it and adam told me last night it needed some things done to the front end,so going to take it to my guy carl here in a few months when i have the cash.  Also need to bleed the brakes one more time, i had a oh shit moment LOL.  But im very happy with it, this will be much easier a task for me than the 411 was going to be with my back.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

woot. there are more seventens in our 5 block radius than any other i can imagine lol

starting to feel like your in 710 heaven ? EH  lol

good luck on the 710 goon project Dan and if Adam or Adam can't locate parts for you, remember to pm me with your wish list and I'll see if the local JY has it.

Well first looking for some su's and lseries adapter. The auto choke is acting up bad on this, takes forever for me to get her started when cold, also the brakes there is a stuck zerk on the back, need to get new ones because she doesnt want to stop right now. Then she will be driveable. Also need to get balljoints done so she dont feel like a boat.  After that i will start with interior and exterior stuff. I dont plan on putting carpet in her, but the rubberized under coating spray to prevent moisture from causing rust, so if the kids get in muddy or anything i can just wipe stuff out (you know how dirty kids are) and do some other things to her. 

My son and i were working in the car today. I had it running so it would be warm in her as i was yanking the stereo before i got interupted by a visitor, but he kept putting his hands over his ears lol, guess its to loud for him. First thigns to get done are that exhaust and the ball joints. 

the brakes there is a stuck zerk on the back, need to get new ones because she doesnt want to stop right now. Then she will be driveable. 

I was able to get all the brake bleeder valves to open when i was working on it with RedBanner, it was using a flair nut wrench tho.

the rear breaks still need looked at, I never got the chance to check the shoes and springs, just bled them.

There is some older video in YouTube where this wagon is featured

Do you have a link to the video? id love to see it 

Yah redbanner came over and one of the ones on the back wasnt fully closed, why i didnt have really any pressure, i need the flair nut wrench though, dont have one lol, so  couldnt tighten it the rest of the way. Can tell its a pressure issue because it goes right to the floor almost. 

Tuesday im picking up z car duel su's from a friend with manifold and everything, linkage, 80 dollar pickup tube, for 150 from my buddy. Going to try to trade for a set for the l20b, otherwise modify the needles and shit to work and boar out a manifold to fit and work. Will be nice to have su's on it, i hate stock carbs and auto chokes, always give me issues like it is now.

Then tuesday as well (glad i sold some stuff this weekend) will be picking up a set of enkei 92's, they are the crappy fwd versions, so i will need a spacer for the front possibly. But will look good on there, only prob they are white so will re-paint gold. But with these shall begin the work on the wagon. 

lol. Im just curious what the 5 star spec v's would look like on it...just dont know how the mesh would look on a 02 g20. If i could switch with my sentra i would, wanted the mesh on that originally, but damn 4x100 compared to our cars and the g20.  Always weird the g20 and sentra are same car yet different lug size.

Pics, i plan on making a add here soon, but im willing to trade these for l20b manifold and dual su's.  Straight across trade, or in long run if i have to ill change needles and springs to run as is and find a manifold to bore out. 

D3858133-6F4D-4E54-A78D-41766C7A959E-888

28FC01C9-53D7-4D4D-B16E-7EA49BF3FCBF-888

07BA2696-0DB7-46D7-BF75-B94C371A0CB7-888

And some seats he had for sale.

54EC0452-FA51-4D58-AA57-CD693D07243A-888

5666A1A6-2B49-48CA-B266-021711B2BBA1-888