what is a "locked topic"?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods lock topics, there is no unlock unless they decide to do so.

Not sure why your topic got locked... I thought your services could be used by a few members on here. Although there is a bit of risk involved being you are a new member offering services to shop products over seas.. I think if there was a disclaimer, guarantee, or warranty of some sort it could work.

Thanks Draker and Skib,

I can't imagine what could have resulted in the topic being locked, unless a "mod" is in the chrome plating industry and doesn't want to allow competition. The thread was offered as a viable option for the members of the community to consider.....my business poses little threat to the plater mentioned in Utah. It is probably not for everyone, nor is it intended to be. However, I did not post the thread with the intention of initiating debate on the political or socio-economic ramifications of EPA regulations or outsourcing. In that vein, I do find it to be somewhat curious that a person who owns 3 or 4 vintage Datsuns, all of which were manufactured 100% in Asia, would  consider outsourcing service on a few parts to pose a moral dilemna.

Mike   

• Like 1

It could have something to do with the fact that you have 7 posts. But when you put up your add for services you had 1 post.

I think the mods are trying to protect the members from you.

Your in So Cal and you said that you have helped out a few locals with plating needs. Might I ask who you have helped out?

I've been in the Z car scene for quite a few years and know alot of local guys.

And I think the overseas thing might have something to do with it as well.

SKIB??????

Mods are trying to protect members from ME??? By which means did the mods determine that I  somehow pose a threat.....to anyone?  I would think that most of the members of this forum are over the age of 18, and, as such, are able to make their own decisions as to which services they may wish to use.  As stated before, I was simply offering an option for members to consider.......that's what I thought open forums were for.

Mike 

Mods are trying to protect members from ME??? By which means did the mods determine that I  somehow pose a threat.....to anyone?  I would think that most of the members of this forum are over the age of 18, and, as such, are able to make their own decisions as to which services they may wish to use.  As stated before, I was simply offering an option for members to consider.......that's what I thought open forums were for.

Mike 

Obviously you dont know anything about car forums. So let us lay it out.

1. You have a low post count, you could be a scammer just trying to make a few bucks.

2. People get fucked all the time with scams in forums,the mods watch out and try to make sure these scams dont happen.

3. when scams happen it gives forums a bad name, ratsun is great for helping out with watching out for members

4. PROFIT!.

5. That attitude of saying people are 18+ and can make their own decisions, yes, yes they are, but we dont own this forum, and the forum moderators dont want to get the forum a bad name by letting their members get fucked over by someone trying to make a quick buck.

6. fighting with the mods will end up getting you a ip ban so you cant try to scam people or do business on the forum at all, so its best to go yes sir, sorry sir, thank you sir. 

Not saying you are a scam person, you are probally not, but the fact of the matter is, its HOW forums work in the automobile industry, we all watch out for eachother. 

127814606985_zps890b5b60.jpg

Mike 

There are two problems with your post from the Ratsun viewpoint:

1. It shouldn't be in the general section. 

2. When somebody new shows up to the forum and one of their first posts is advertising a service, the members feel like it is spam.

• Like 3
Obviously you dont know anything about car forums. So let us lay it out.

1. You have a low post count, you could be a scammer just trying to make a few bucks.

2. People get fucked all the time with scams in forums,the mods watch out and try to make sure these scams dont happen.

3. when scams happen it gives forums a bad name, ratsun is great for helping out with watching out for members.

5. That attitude of saying people are 18+ and can make their own decisions, yes, yes they are, but we dont own this forum, and the forum moderators dont want to get the forum a bad name by letting their members get fucked over by someone trying to make a quick buck.

6. fighting with the mods will end up getting you a ip ban so you cant try to scam people or do business on the forum at all, so its best to go yes sir, sorry sir, thank you sir. 

Not saying you are a scam person, you are probally not, but the fact of the matter is, its HOW forums work in the automobile industry, we all watch out for eachother. 

you missed 4 :P  but your points are all valid ;) 

• Like 1
2. When somebody new shows up to the forum and one of their first posts is advertising a service, the members feel like it is spam.

Because it usually is lol 

• Like 1
Chrome platting is expensive here because of the severe and necessary environmental regulations in place to protect the public from the carcinogenic emissions and pollution. I imagine there are no rules enforced in Vietnam. On top of the obvious moral dilemma of polluting someone else's back yard there is the sending of jobs overseas. We have had problems dealing 'at arms length' across the Pacific before with car parts. Money, and time delays and worse, customer complaints that are extremely hard to address and resolve. Additionally, you are an unknown new member here.
  • Like 1

No no no no. Heres how we lock it. I say we destroy all guns. Give everyone catapults, and see the shenanigans. 

Not sleeping sucks, people better watch out on here, doctor put me on new meds to sleep LOL...dont know what kind of crazy posts i will be making tonight. 

One way to get a topic locked is start a shit storm

Who's right, democrats or republicans?

Let it begin...

lmfao Gun regulations AHHHHHHHHHHH

35518b95c77b884802b9499c4c310750.gif