hurry i am thinking about su-ing myself...

jrock4224

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Haynes Techbook Weber Carburetor Manual has info on SU Type H, HD, HS and HIF

---------------

But unfortunately no breakdowns of the Datsun twin carbs or their unique features. It will give a pretty good overview of how SUs in general work, and how to adjust, but no more than the web sites already mentioned. Still, I recommend reading that book (i have it myself). If only they covered Hitachi twin carburetors it would be perfect.

---------------

But unfortunately no breakdowns of the Datsun twin carbs or their unique features. It will give a pretty good overview of how SUs in general work, and how to adjust, but no more than the web sites already mentioned. Still, I recommend reading that book (i have it myself). If only they covered Hitachi twin carburetors it would be perfect.

See http://community.ratsun.net/topic/29133-su-carb-tuning-guide-l16-l18/ below. "Search" is your friend, I'm just helpful. Some where in this collection of facts there is a complete parts breakdown etc. for the 1200 car's version of the Hitachi "SU" carbs. I'm too lazy to go any further, good luck.

i super appreciate all the info ... I'm link surfing now.... i wont say I'm a expert but I'm taking in as much as i can...tonight they lay out....the nice part is ones is still fully assembled...(as if that would help me...lol)

worse comes to worse (which it wont...) i will send it to z therapy or follow waynos suit and send them to canada as reccomended by sealick

If you do end up shipping to Norm at Zeddsaver......ship with USPS...not Fedex or UPS

Mark package as gift....and also ask Norm how he will mark the package when he sends it back, you don't want to be dinged with custom/broker fees/taxes etc.

Also.....tell him exactly what you want done, nothing less and nothing more(if not needed)...I think he has a habit of going beyond the 'call of duty'.............. :D

Hey wayno you wanna sell that rebuild kit possibly? Looks like one of my shafts has a little movenent...

Sorry, I am keeping the kit for what I bought it for, the set of flat tops in the attic.

That cap would work that sealik has a photo of above, as long as it is sealed good, if that is in fact the issue.

See the two fuel adjustment screws in the photo below, see how the right one is almost tight, and you can hardly see any of the spring compared to the one on the left where there is a lot of spring, this set is getting near the end, they are still servicable, barely.

DSCN1010.jpg

Normally they are about even, get yours close, then adjust them by the spark plug color, don't worry about the shafts unless they  are out of sync like mine, then try sealik's suggestion, if that don't work, then it's likely the other bushing that cannot be capped, or some other problem.

• 1 month later...
This exploded view is for dome-top, the flat-top version is slightly different, mostly where the IMS parts are and linkage won't exactly match.

14539.jpg

Keyster sells a repair Kit. This one does two Hitachi 38mm carbs

21109.jpg 21110.jpg 21111.jpg

Most of these parts are not needed

* oil cap & plunger rarely goes bad

* fuel inlet needle valves usually are fine

* The crush washers I've always reused, they aren't under high pressure

* it includes new needles, heavens why -- they don't wear out. If you bend one you can buy new ones from Nissan for a few dollars.

great link zilla i ordered two sets .....friend has the same carb s as mine on his 521 and although it runs good,   better to be safe and prepared....although i m pretty famous for not being able to find where i put something when i need it ...

• 1 month later...

Jrock: Are you planning on replacing your 521's Weber with SUs? If so, why? Are you looking for more power or is there some drivability issue? I had some ZTherapy SUs on the old Volvo 122s I sold a while back. They had less than 100 miles on them when I got the car and in the five years I owned the Volvo I never touched them. Ran super.

• 8 months later...

Jon

My ex sister in law.  She got re-ended up in tacoma.  She hired an attorney on her sons behalf to sue her own self to try and get money from the insurance company.  Can you believe that shit? This thread made me think of it, the title anyways :rofl:  Her case got called. The judge said. "If we go any further, ANY further. I will take your son from your custody."  She dropped the case and let it go after that.