Custom Aluminum Pillar Vents

I will be offering custom Aluminum pillar vents done on my CNC Machine in the next month. I would like some input on a fair price you would pay for them. They will be the outer part you will bolt to the mini duct on your existing vent. They are going to look awesome and may be able to custom add a design you pick for an extra charge. Let me know if you will be interested and PM me and ill save your info and contact you when they will be ready soon.Thanks ,Sean

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

69 are metal too btw. The last set I saw for sale was $75.

Im not too sure what you mean by "custom." Do you currently have any 3D models of designs youre thinking of producing? I bet you would get more interest if you threw some pictures up to accurately describe what youre talking about.

Maybe NOS pieces... Ive seen a few metal ones go for around $100. Those are the last maybe 3 sets Ive seen, maybe Ive just been seeing good deals though. Plastic 70+ are sub $50.

There is a set of metal ones on eBay right now for $180 out of Thailand, but Ive noticed Thai prices are usually a little higher than current going rates on things.

Edit: You just beat me to the eBay listing.

Irish Dime.

I think you might want to post up some pics and get some orders before you start this undertaking. I've been making billet pieces for Datsuns for quite a long time. I had thought about making the pillar vents a long time ago. The only thing that stopped me was 510 people are cheap!!!!!!

Your going to have to charge $200.-$250 per set in order to make any money. Hell I've made some pretty nice pieces for the 510's @$50.00 and had no takers. Just a heads up. And good luck with your project.

thats what I was trying to do by posting this. I have a machine shop and am going to make the program and run the pieces for my own car so Ill be doing all the hard work for my own project. As long as i can get the material for a decent price, and I will check on that, i can spend a few hours running parts and have a few pairs extra to sell. I may have to charge that much , but the few people that buy them will be happy. Thank you for the input, I have been hearing of the cheapness for a while lol. Im hoping there are a few that like what I make and swoop them up.

metal vents have studs. Plastic have holes for screws. The holes on the body are specifically made for one or the other. Then you have to reuse the vent elbow. The ones from the metal vents or the plastic vents? Also the curves vary from body to body. Haha they will never be a 100% flush fit out of the box because you took vents that molded to the car. Three hundred sounds about right. Don't let these penny pinchers say other wise. Nos metal or sss are five hundred and up on any given day.

If I ask 200 to 250 for brand new pieces i think it will sell. Im going to start on these this week.

Remember the datsun crowd is cheap, and alot of people would rather have factory nos parts, if they were around 100-150 id be probally interested if they looked good, but for me over that price i wont pay for just vetns when plastic looks just fine re done. Just my 2 cents. Plus you cant use ebay as a price guide, most people that post stuff on there have no clue what the price should be and want to rip people off.

Also with a bad economy and stuff, you want to work around what most people would pay, otherewise you could have a great product, and not sell because no one has the money to buy the product.

I wouldn't call myself cheap. I got into Datsuns because they were inexpensive/affordable to maintain and modify, and fun as hell to drive. but $300 for pillar vents seems a but too much. especially for something that doesn't make the car go faster or lower. just my 2 cents.

maybe picses will change my mind.