Wide tires on 510

I have a1972 2 dr 510 that is being built. I am going to need a lot of tire under it to use the HP Im going to have. Is there a good wheel that comes wider than 8 in. Im going to need like 9 or more inch wide. I have looked around but only see 8.5 max for anything that looks good as well as fit a 510. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks

• Like 1
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I run 17x8 with a 235 in rear with no flare . I like the idea of a mini tub with coil over relocate and tubular rear arms to allow a 17 10 with a 285 30 18. I think it would look and perform awsome

100_1927.jpg

this project is a ways off for me but I'm in part research mode on it.( by the way these wheels haven't been polished in 12 years since out of storage.

• 5 months later...

Ok ,so I picked up a set of 15x8.25 and Im flaring all four fenders. What would be a good trie size that would not have the rim sticking out further than the tire. I have looked online and only find info pertaining to specific makes of cars. Going with Toyo RA1 tires but need info on what size width and sidewall.

Thanks in advance for the help

8.25 convert to mm = 209.55 so you need at least a 215 tire

40 50 or 60 profile depends on what you like I run 195 50 15 the first number is the width in mm the second is the profile 50% of 195 and then last is the rim size

you can look up tire charts and get overall diamiter and compare to your fender flare size

stock diamiter I believe was about 23.5 inches accross