521 Sleeper

I have had this 521 for at least 5 years now, was acquired for free by my brother, offloaded to me, then taken back by my brother, and then re-unloaded to me. I mocked up a 12 valve KA24E and 720 5 speed, found and purchased a Detroit Locker on eBay, have a 3.70 pumpkin for it, shortened the column 3", and have done a "couple of things" to the suspension. The body and bed are off, so just frame pics for now. Enjoy!

See the entire album here http://www.datsun510.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3414&ppuser=24

521 019_thumb.jpg

521 020_thumb.jpg

521 024_thumb.jpg

521 027_thumb.jpg

521 035_thumb.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good!

why 3.70?

Thanks everyone!

Why 3.70's? Well, with 155 HP low end gearing won't be a concern. From experience, 521's with 4.375's are loud and buzzy at 70-80, which is pretty normal for Northern California freeways. I put 3.70's in an L20B equipped truck and with an SX 5 speed it drove just like my 91 hardbody, single biggest improvement in driveability ever for that truck.

More pics of the arms...sorry they're rusty, they've been done since December

521 033_thumb.jpg

521 034_thumb.jpg

Nice welds! Any pics of the body? And it looks like stock arms with modified ends to accept the discs, simple but works!

Thanks for the compliments on the welds, I've been practicing since I was 9. The body and bed are on a rolling stand right now, but no excitement there, it's just going to be a stock Cactus Green respray, no shaving. It will be nicer in person than the eBay 1300, but not as flashy with the billet wheels and the multi-tone interior.

2eDeYe;6928'']Looks good. I assume that steering link isn't permanent...

Why, does it look like it will break? Just kidding; yes, the outer links will be replaced with heims and threaded tubes like the ones I use for my T/C rods.

I put 3.70's in an L20B equipped truck and with an SX 5 speed it drove just like my 91 hardbody, single biggest improvement in driveability ever for that truck.

I so agree, when I put the zx 5 speed in and the ka its like a whole new truck. I did put a dogleg in a 521 and thought that was good. The taller the gears the better is my new motto :D I like to cruise at 80 or so, I just need to fix the driveline wobble.

P.S the green is my favorite factory color as well :D