Camber Plates

JAS

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats the 1200 site is saying, is that the bolt pattern is the same, just larger bolt holes and strut rod. Niether of the above sites include b210 specifically, any other model yes.... this is why i am asking. Dont want to buy and not fit. If another model works, then fine, can deal with that... slight modification, ok, but outright wont work... thats why i am looking for a definitive answer....

Ok, so the 510 stuff firs, the difference between 510 and b210 is the break desighn, and the spring diameter.

The spring for a b210 is the same diameter as a z car. Most all the strut inserts I've came across are the same diameter, .an

It would help you get the most adjustment buy getting t3 plates, coil springs, and there special top hats that work with camberplates.

Or you can run stock springs and camber plates.

I don't know about the b110, but the b210 mounting bolts are the same size as 510 or 710. I was running 510 struts and brakes on my 710.

Now I'm running zx struts, zx brakes, z spring, b210 perches, and b310 top hats. They all fit together great.

Just for reference, the stock camber is out some causing tire wear on the outside of the tires, so i need to adjust the camber... dont care too much about lowering or going to coilovers etc... just trying to get the front end aligned better, as the alignment shop has done as much as they can. So any 510-710-280Z-X will work. Funny no one mentions this in the sales pitch...

• 2 weeks later...

My camber is way off on the passenger side. Doing a rebuild on it as soon as the bushing kit comes in. Have everything else, struts,ball joints, tie rods.I know the strut is toast, slightly wearing on the outside of the tire. Will have to re-align as soon as I get done. Some assembly required. With non adjustable camber, looking for reasonable camber plates now. $200.00 is not reasonable.

If the car isn't mega-low, you could probably get away with some old school Moog camber plates? Not designed for "performance", but for being able to align the car easier.

Takes about 30 minutes to install, no need to disassemble the strut, but will raise the car 1/2" or so. Can usually be found for $50 or less. Side benefit, wee bit of caster adjustment as well.

IMG_20101118_134402.jpg

Finally somebody agrees with me about the camber vs tire wear. In extreme cases you will see tires start scrubbing off. BUT toe in or toe out you can eat up a set of tires in 50 miles if its bad enough. Don't ask how I know this lol

my old wagon had fucked up toe when I got it and I ate threw a set of tires in about a month

(thats 4 tires, rotated the back to the front after 2 weeks or so)

loads of camber aint great but bad toe will eat them alive.

Why search for inferior Moog plates when you can buy better new plates for cheap?

Anytime suspension is modified or parts replaced the alignment should be checked. Everyone with a repair manual should know that.

Bump steer spacers adjust the roll center and correct the suspension travel arc. Not used to correct the toe-in, which can be done by normal adjusting of tie-rods.