ka24de rear sump oil pan where to find one??

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

D-21 trucks after '98 are like the 521/620/720 with steering and X member in the front. Pans are deeper towards the back. What's it for?

sorry 510

if your looking to buy one for a 510 KA swap...

.... well ya cant lol.

gotta make it or flip your cross member.

kinda what i thought but heard guys talking about them so i figure i would ask if any one was making them

if you are confident in you welding ability a rear sump pan would not be too difficult to make

yes i would if i can find the time and a spare pan.i am going to get a 3 in 1 plasma/stick/tig all in one 205 everlast machine here very soon to finish my firewall/floor

You know.... I guy could get rich selling a sway bar that fit the DE pan.

LOL you would sell one and have 10000 people saying their gonna buy one spend all your day awnsering emails and go broke! I built my sway bar from a 620 torsion bar worked very well.

i dont get the flipping the cross member thing sure its more work to adapt the pan but then you dont have to track down special sway bars and shit it just makes more seince to modify the pan then modify the car around the pan

Why doesn't anyone make a pan that fits?

If you're using a 240SX engine, a pan (and pick-up tube) would have to basically be scratchbuilt. No one is going to invest that kind of money tooling up something that they can only sell 15-20 of. The truck rear sump pan doesn't clear the main girdle on the car engine.

Easier way: Use a truck engine. It is already rear sump, and requires minimal modification/welding to fit a 510. :thumbup:

Related note: Car intake/exhaust fits the truck engine so you don't have to use the ugly truck bits.

Semi-related note: An L-series distributor fits the truck engine. You know, because carbs and stuff. B)

• Like 1

i dont get the flipping the cross member thing sure its more work to adapt the pan but then you dont have to track down special sway bars

Well, most people want to upgrade to a bigger sway bar anyway. If you're already planning to spend money on that, it's a no-brainer to just buy the one made to clear a front sump pan.