slow 620

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanna go moar lower in the rear, already has 3 inch blocks prolly just gonna remove a leaf and torsion the front as much as possible any other ideas would help thanks fellas

Don't remove a leaf. This will soften the spring and the truck will sag lower on dips and bumps. Exactly what you DON'T want on a vehicle that is now lower to the pavement.

Remove the springs and take to a shop and have some arch removed from the top two. This will at least keep the same spring rate. A better option is to replace the second one down with a flatter thicker leaf from another vehicle. (maybe a 720 4x4) This will also lower the ride but add stiffness and reduce bottoming out. It will handle better too.

• 2 months later...

nice truck looks in great shape! i like the mirrors those were my first choice.

as for the lowering i also went with the 3 inch blocks n removed 2 leafs and the bump stops and its been working

great for me! but i suggest air shocks on the rear just in case you ever need go over a big bump o carry a med load, they work great for me.

• 10 months later...

so my motor went out in my truck, a buddy gave me his l16 out of his 72 510 but for some reason its not wanting to turn on in my truck. the motor ran perfect in his car but now it wont in my truck, it turns over I'm not getting any spark from distributor to spark plug wires the distributor has points and it fried the points already. help thanks

so my motor went out in my truck,

What does that mean?

Is it possible that whatever problem arose that made your old motor go "out" still exists and is preventing the new motor from working?

You fried the points by turning motor over trying to start it? 

We need more info.  Tell us everything!

Cool truck by the way.