DE-Hooked and painted the bed rails :) looks nice, thoughts?

i know there are a lot of pics, but i will delete and post more later. i glossed the rails and am flat blacking the inner bed. i removed the cover of the inside of the tailgate, but will be making a new one soon i assume. i have never seen another 620 with the inner skin, was it stock or an option? the last pic is the skin on mine.

truckish001.jpg

truckish003.jpg

truckish005.jpg

truckish022.jpg

truckish023.jpg

truckish006.jpg

truckish007.jpg

truckish008.jpg

truckish009.jpg

truckish010.jpg

truckish011.jpg

truckish012.jpg

truckish014.jpg

truckish016.jpg

truckish017.jpg

truckish018.jpg

truckish019.jpg

truckish020.jpg

truckish021.jpg

truckish002.jpg

looks like red bananas, lol

truckish004.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think theres any amount of work you can do to that thing to make me like it:lol::lol::lol: Do I sense a slight 521 bias?

nice job, now polish the "Nissan OHC" on the valve cover and you will officially be cool:cool: And dont forget to sand that run out....ooh shoot

Could have been older than '76 but it was an L20B. The cover was bashed. The old boy who has it talks with one of those vibrator things you hold to your throat. After stopping in several times and talking to his daughter I finally met him. He almost never drives it, sits for months in the same position, just can't let go I guess. I asked him if he leave it to me in his will.:D Said I'd drop by every year or so to see if he wanted me to have it. He said sure drop by. Been almost two years so should go over to show that I still want it.

Hey....... PtheDude wants Your hooks!!!!!! Don't throw them out just yet!!! He wanted mine off of a few trucks that i shaved but I cann't find them. Please private message Him if You still have them!!!

Looks great. Just doing that sure changes the look, yes????? Now to really clean up the side, weld in the bed seams. Don't try to just put bondo in there, it'll fall out. But most of My trucks have been wire welded in and it really cleans up the bedside. Also, later, the front fender lower pieces. You'll love it!!!

Yes, tailgate liners were 1979 on............ Now what I mean by "on" is, let's say Your truck was rearended in 1982. The insurance company (Yes, I've seen this on a few trucks that I remember the history on) would have gone to Nissan for a tailgate. As they are basically the same, and it was an INSURANCE job, ie: charge the other insurance the most $$$$$, Your truck might have gained that tailgate to up the total bill. So when the tailgate arrived, which was billed as the highest price on the order, low-and-behold, it had a liner! That just might explain it.

The front will look better if you tape off the front of your hood and paint the lip right above your grille black. The rest of it looks sweet, I usually dont like the 4 spoke exterras but they actually look pretty sharp on there... sweet ride.

The front will look better if you tape off the front of your hood and paint the lip right above your grille black. The rest of it looks sweet, I usually dont like the 4 spoke exterras but they actually look pretty sharp on there... sweet ride.

There's a metal trim piece under the hood that is painted to look the same as the plastic grill. Don't know why Datsun didn't just make that upper piece part of the grill.:blink: