engine bay clean out

datson4life

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the l motors!! I've learned a shit ton from them so I'll keep my bad ass l20b. Put it back on the road in the 620 I have maybe.

Ive got a thread, what I'm working with in the 521 section. I don't have a good computer so I never can really post pictures. I'm also more active on NWD.

If your on there its the thread called, 521 ownet here. A few more details and oic over there. My computer seems to like uploading photos on that site... when I wants to.

Powwaaa! Haha

I went from l16 peanut head out of a 521 that was sitting for 20+ years dropped it in my truck and it started right up! Drove that for a while and my tranny got stuck in fourth.... grabbed new tranny from same 521 I got the 16 from and drove that for shit long. Fought with points forever ha! Picked up a matchbox! L18 bearings, gaskets and jumped right in to a rebuild after I picked up my l18 from flatcat. Drove the 18 hard! Blah blah.... now I'm rolling with a l20b flattop pistons headwork on a ported U67 head with SU that I picked up from eagleAdam. Holy fuck did I need those! Way better then the weber 32/36.

But I never thought about doing the swap really. Then one day I was reading a thread and it made me think a little more about my trucks future and mine. I'll be moving to Olympia soon and I would love having the reliability Powwwwa! And want the great feeling of a rebuild and swap! :D I can't wait. I'm only starting work on the ka, full rebuild. really I've only cleaned the shit out of the block after I took it apart and bagged everything.

Your right I'll never be satisfied!

That's why I need more dattos.

• Like 1

when i 1st got my truck i wanted all stock and restore it back to new, just a little lowered, but something happened along the way and this is where im at now.

horsepower,torque and lowering is a drug we need to stay away from, we always want more and never satisfied

i have noooo idea what happened either....

• Like 1

Dude you dont need a CBR one,just search a little more for the right one,the reason why i went with them was i was going to get a koyorad and i drove down to there place looking for assistance and the budda heads there just kind of blew me off so i said fuck em.If i get a chance i will take a picture of what the patch looks like and you will see,they can make them cleaner but not clean enough for my taste.