• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one of those.

DCP_09971.jpg

Those are so cool! I had a almost pristene '68 F250 Camper Special

that I sold because I couldn't stand to see it kept outside,& rusting.

I hate to see trucks like yours,with the oversized wheels/tires - these

look best with the stock wheels/tires.

- Doug

I like the way it looks with the 35s, but the real reason for a taller tire is the 4.56 gear ratio. I drive the truck a lot and the freeway here is 70mph. The poor old tractor engine FE was just screaming, the 35s drop the rpm a bit. What I have been wanting is a tire that is the same width as the stock 7.50-16 that it came with (or close) but 35 to 36 tall. These USED to be plentiful, but now are very hard to find in something that is not a super aggressive mud tire.

You would sure think so, but I'm having a hell of a time with it. It's the 16 inch rim that throws a wrench in it. You can still get the old 9.00 16 bias, which I don't have a huge problem with, I'm just not wild about being dinged 270 bucks for an old rag tractor tire.

Those are 16s off of an 80 3/4 ton in the picture. Yeah the 16.5 which came stock on a lot of trucks of the past are near dead now. If you aired them down or had a flat, it was pretty common for them to fall right off the rim. Did it by chance have wider rear wheels?

20140223_103612_zpsb5bb4de4.jpg

All of these pic's are of one guy's collection. He has a building right down the street from mine.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like 2

i love the Unimog. I plan on buying one of the ex military radio ones and converting it to a expedition vehicle someday. I've seen one parked outside for over a year but still can't figure out who the owner is.