Something I'm thinking about on my 80 Datsun 720, bright yellow with black trim? Or gloss black with flat black trim? What you think?

JoeCool

6 members have voted

1. 1. Yellow with black trim? Or all black?

• Yellow with black accents
    • Gloss black with flat black accents

My truck is now flat black primer. A temporary fix to the faded yellow, and gray primer it was when I got it last year.

39299934002_large.jpg

39299934126_large.jpg

I am debating on gloss black paint with flat black trim (wheels, grille, ST stripes, mirrors, etc.)

gt500009.jpg

Or bright yellow with gloss black trim

2010-BF-performance-Lamborghini-Gallardo-GT600-Yellow-Side-Tilt-1280x960.jpg

What you guys think?

Edit: Poll added.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents worth seeing you asked.

Yellow with black trim.

Black is a great color as long as the car is spotlessly clean and the panel work immaculate.

Lighter colors (especially white) are great at hiding a multitude of sins like dents, scratches etc.

At the end of the day though, it's your truck, paint it pink if you want to although I just don't think pink and Datsuns go together :)

Would someone mind Photoshopping it yellow with black trim?

Joe, maybe you could use the regular lettering without the darker outline and without the italics? We're all pretty much equal here and this leave the heavy lettering and italics for emphasizing something that's really important. It looks like you're shouting.

Joe, maybe you could use the regular lettering without the darker outline and without the italics? We're all pretty much equal here and this leave the heavy lettering and italics for emphasizing something that's really important. It looks like you're shouting.

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD ALL CAPS IS SHOUTING!

I was just using bold type so my words didn't get hidden in the images.

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD ALL CAPS IS SHOUTING!

I was just using bold type so my words didn't get hidden in the images.

We're all pretty much equal here and this leaves the heavy lettering and italics for emphasizing something that's really important. It looks like you're shouting.

Your stuff won't get any more lost than anyone else's. Leave a space between writing and images.

(and I voted)

• Yellow with black accents

• Gloss black with flat black accents

Neither.....

Black would look good...but....you need a pretty good 'canvas', lots of prep...big bucks.

Yellow......might be a little too much colour for a long box????

'Short' box 620.......

Robert_NV_74DatsNissPat_1RR_zps0f83a8b3.jpg

I went with a charcoal beige metallic.....looks black, brown, charcoal etc...all relative to lighting

Mine has the same colour of interior as yours.... and could of painted it black, but...I didn't want to be washing it all the time.

P5010001.jpg