Dimeton Abbey

freetheoranges

You off Saturday??

Come back down....I'll order the starter.....

All I did to the carb was steady it so it would idle.......we'll fine tune the carb if there's time......put it on the 5 gas.....

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out my battery isn't holding a charge.  I did get a new starter ($30) and gave my core.  New starter I can hear moving the flywheel.  Seems my battery is the culprit.   

The new starter I just turn the key for a split second and it fires up. Before it would take 15 seconds or longer. R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-WHEWM!

Okay so off and on it sputters to a stop and sometimes I turn the key off and it just stops.

Either way it still gets me to where I need to go. I think I should either a.) pull the battery in at night and charge it Or b.) get a new battery.

I think my hood may be arc'ing with the battery on wet/ cold nights. I'm thinking go with a small battery like I have seen at Canby or ...hood adjustment wtf I dunno.

Busta Nut, what was that thing you used to jump your car last shop day? Maybe I need to throw one of those in my car.

ignition light means Alt is not charging.\

gas smell means you have leak somewhere. possibly in the trunk where the filler hose is. it might have a crack. does it smell more when you make a fast left turn? check rubber fuel lines too for cracks and leaks

Busta Nut, what was that thing you used to jump your car last shop day? Maybe I need to throw one of those in my car.

It's just a Jumper Pack.....costco has a pretty good one.....

Check Alt. output.......

ANY cheap volt meter........one to +.....one to -.......should read 13.8v or higher......

......should not be higher than 14.8.....

Have not tested alt. May go pull it.. o'reilly's can do that shit right? I'm also going to take my battery in and have it charged (2 hours).

This morning I had to pull my dime out of my gf's garage by pushing/ pulling.  Was quick as always and used her Jeep Liberty to jump my car so I could go to work for 15 minutes to unlock a door. 

This morning I backed it in and boy was it close ... tires rubbing on stuff in garage but it fits with a decent amount of room. 

12054559406_699c3da64a_c.jpg

She looks a little sad with a lowered lip of the clip below the grill (name?) One day maybe pull it off and work it straight with wood like Busta Nut! Busta Nut on that trim piece.

12054556116_7d35d5835f_c.jpg

Time to go harvest organs from the dime.. repairable yes.. heartwrenching yes.. pain no...

• Like 2

Tomorrow is payday finally. New alt. $44. I have no reservations about getting the alternator woes.

However for the last several days the battery discharge only lasts a day until I can't pull any juice from the battery to the starter. I have been getting jump starts from other cars every time I need to leave (drive somewhere), twice a day.

I have not tested it. No meter. No matter.