new and wanted to know if so part a '74 or not

hogger69

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try pulling that fender out by hand first... seriously, dont use any tools, just try and pull it by hand or push from the inner fender well... Youll be surprised. Its a bitch to find good fenders that arent rotten.

Call a local glass shop for the windshield and gaskets. Theyre still available and fairly cheap (should be under 200 installed)

Pull your fusebox and soak it in vinegar or lemon juice overnight, it will clean it up to damn near new. When they get dirty they melt and 74 was the last year for the early style fusebox. Theyre kind of tough to find.

I think you should keep the bullet holes... and rock it as is for now, it doesnt look like rust is much of a problem, and they sure as hell add character. Get her road worthy and clean/wax the outside and drop it in the weeds :thumbup:

• Like 1

Try pulling that fender out by hand first... seriously, dont use any tools, just try and pull it by hand or push from the inner fender well... Youll be surprised. Its a bitch to find good fenders that arent rotten.

Call a local glass shop for the windshield and gaskets. Theyre still available and fairly cheap (should be under 200 installed)

Pull your fusebox and soak it in vinegar or lemon juice overnight, it will clean it up to damn near new. When they get dirty they melt and 74 was the last year for the early style fusebox. Theyre kind of tough to find.

I think you should keep the bullet holes... and rock it as is for now, it doesnt look like rust is much of a problem, and they sure as hell add character. Get her road worthy and clean/wax the outside and drop it in the weeds :thumbup:

oh i plan on pulling weeds when i am done with how she is going to sit, the bullet holes will stay i am just going to weld a plug os you cant see in to the truck and i have a newer fuse block for it there is like 10 hard bodys out here just sitting

so ripped out the seat cleaned al the glass that was shot out to find there is only light rust on the floor should clean up real nice

9e4569ca.jpg

5f6517d1.jpg

1f323be0.jpg

also found most of the slugs in side the doors this is just one of them

01b3400c.jpg

some of the rims that where in the bed i will get more pics of the others soon

e2626b80.jpg

fe584739.jpg

1070d3ce.jpg

the rims should clean up nice

It looks like a keeper to me. I have a '75 that I purchased in '76 used; the first vehicle I bought after college. It's been a challenge keeping it up. Parts are really getting difficult to find, and the EBay sellers want an arm & a leg for parts. I agree with datzenmike; try to find someone who is parting out one first. Things like upholstering the bench seats shouldn't be too expensive. Don't restore it for an investment; you will lose money. Only do it if you want to keep the truck as a hobby. I've spent well over $3,000 on my truck keeping it up; new paint, rebuilt engine, wheels, and various other improvements.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i did a little work on the 620 this weekend here are some pics

GEDV0111_zps38e24bbc.jpg

i wired up the tail lights with a harrness from a 85 pickup

GEDV0113_zps5de33c32.jpg

got this going to modded it to fit

GEDV0115_zpsa34ea24c.jpg

new pass seat out of the 85 king cab

GEDV0116_zps597f7800.jpg

and welded up the hole in the pass side door

GEDV0119_zps71ba689c.jpg

GEDV0112_zpse07a3d34.jpg