STANCE

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The '81-'84 Maxima is built on the zx platform and shares many of the suspension parts. They are not identical, but very similar, using a massive caliper and vented rotor with a 15/16" master cylinder. Likely they are cheaper just because they are NOT zx struts which command a higher price.

I have them on a 710 goon.

710strutupgrade004Large.jpg

Hey i have a 1970 510 Wagon and im lookng to lower the stance but dont know which year Z to get the struts off of any suggestions?? i need help!!!! :blush:

protip for rear: flip the 3rd or 4th leaf and get some AE86/camaro shocks for it. Mine with 1" blocks sits as low as a stock goon can go for street without more extensive mods.

If you want to go low then you will want to get mr2 or rabbit shock and cut down the 280zx tubes and add coilovers

Just out of pure lack of knowledge, when you say 'low' how low do you mean when measuring from the bottom of the front subframe? I have 280ZX coilover set up and would think it is 'low' based on the straight different when looking at that compared to the stock 510 stuff.

with adding the 280zx struts do i keep the stock suspension other than the coils?? or do i have to modify some stuff

When you add the struts, you keep the rest of the suspension. The struts, springs (or coilovers if you choose), hubs, rotors, and brakes are what get replaced in the swap.

If you want to go low then you will want to get mr2 or rabbit shock and cut down the 280zx tubes and add coilovers

Just out of pure lack of knowledge, when you say 'low' how low do you mean when measuring from the bottom of the front subframe? I have 280ZX coilover set up and would think it is 'low' based on the straight different when looking at that compared to the stock 510 stuff.

None of that is required. 280zx struts are already shorten than 510 struts. Then once you either install coilovers or decide to cut of the stock perch and weld it lower, you will get pretty damn low. Im only a few inches off the ground with 280zx struts...

None of that is required. 280zx struts are already shorten than 510 struts. Then once you either install coilovers or decide to cut of the stock perch and weld it lower, you will get pretty damn low. Im only a few inches off the ground with 280zx struts...

That's what I was thinking. I'm seeing my 280ZX as already about 2" lower just in static tube height, then with the coilovers I was wondering how damn low are people trying to get. I want streetable low, but not road turtle low. Thanks for clearing that up since my 280ZX are not quite on the car yet.

• 2 weeks later...

the search is your friend.

all these topics poping up asking about the basic shit thats been covered a hundred times is starting to get old.

1) read the stickies

2) use the search

3) be a productive member of the community

4) ????

5) profit.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...