Coil over sleeve rattle

So I have 280zx struts with ebay honda coilover sleeves and springs on my 510. They rattle on my gravel driveway and drive me nuts. It's too tight of a fit for an o-ringI think.

Any ideas on how to stop the rattle? I need to fill the gap between to O.D. of the strut and the I.D. of the coilover sleeve. Just lookin for ideas thanks.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use that thick texture paint, like the rattle can thats rock texture and shit.

I spray it on nice and thick on the strut tube, just like a 3 in ring around.

slip the sleeve on and let it dry. fills the tiny gap and "glues" it to the strut tube.

if your gap is more substantial than that.... id go with the electrical tape idea, or duct tape.

One layer of duct tape did the trick. B) Slid down nice and tight. The handy mans favorite tool! :thumbup:

nice :)

If the duct tape doesn't last, the coilover sleeves I have have another inner diameter cut into them at one end; that is: for only an inch or so, the wall thickness is thinner on end of the sleeve. This diameter is just right for two inch pipe. The idea is that you weld a little ring of two inch pipe to your strut wherever you want the sleeve to sit and the sleeve slides over this ring. Kind of hard to explain, but it's pretty common. I don't know if your ebay sleeves had that or not.

• 2 weeks later...