datsun stereo setups?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I saw the pictures of your console. Difference could be between years (don't know much about the 620s in particular) or just trim levels. They would be easy to swap out... I've seen a few with the deck cutouts for sale here and Ive seen them in a few trucks at the Lakewood PnP.

• 5 months later...
My plan is to have a stock Datsun Radio in the dash, but for the sound system use an iPod connected to speakers. Not sure how to do that but I'm sure it's been done.

Yup, watched it on that 4x4 show on spike, pretty much just gotta splice the 1/8 audio cable into an amp, then out through speakers, sounds simple enough but when I tried it the amp caught on fire, oh well, back to listening to the random 620 rattles.

Yup, watched it on that 4x4 show on spike, pretty much just gotta splice the 1/8 audio cable into an amp, then out through speakers, sounds simple enough but when I tried it the amp caught on fire, oh well, back to listening to the random 620 rattles.

That's gotta hurt. 

• 1 month later...

My plan is to have a stock Datsun Radio in the dash, but for the sound system use an iPod connected to speakers.  Not sure how to do that but I'm sure it's been done.

I hear the classic hot rod guys send their stock radios in somewhere to have them adapted to modern systems like iPods and CD changers.

They retain a 100% stock look and the stocker controls the modern devices.

I hear the classic hot rod guys send their stock radios in somewhere to have them adapted to modern systems like iPods and CD changers.

They retain a 100% stock look and the stocker controls the modern devices.

that would be cool.  im in the process of making a custom center console with my deck built in and tweeters on the side.  even gonna have cupholders :rofl:   i have 5 1/4 inch alpines in my truck right now and they hit good.  eventually i want to pull out my parcel tray and make a custom box for a 10in slim sub under there. ive seen some people do that since mines not a kc and i have a bench