Spider identification.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_UHTCjTNLA

So I've had these spiders around the house for a while. Normally I'm not fond of spiders, but these eat bugs and keep to themselves, plus they look badass. Been trying to find out what they are, but short of an arachnid identification book, the Internet hasn't been much help. Used to think they were wolf spiders, but the body shape doesn't seem to be correct.

Anyone have any of these? Know what they are?

spider.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in an almost unrelated story,

the MOST unnerving moment i ever had working under a car was when i was dropping the tank on my 620 and as i shimmied out from under

the car a big ol black window repelled down about a foot away from me. i killed it but i think there are more and i freak myself out most

times im working under the truck.

Sweet! Thanks dguy! I found a link to WSU regarding the cat face variety. Mine seem to have much different markings, but they body shape seems to be right. Not harmful to humans, handy ones to have around for bad insect eradication.

http://entomology.wsu.edu/outreach/bug-info/cat-face/

the MOST unnerving moment i ever had working under a car was when i was dropping the tank on my 620 and as i shimmied out from under

the car a big ol black window repelled down about a foot away from me. i killed it but i think there are more and i freak myself out most

Thanks for posting this! Now I'll never crawl underneath my car again...

well i guess i shouldve added that the truck had been sitting for at least 6 years when i bought it.

& mike

my younger brother worked for a tree removal service. he got bit by a black widow once when up in a tree.

he went to the ER and they told him that the antivenin (antivenom) is actually more lethal that the bite!

that they only use it during extreme emergencies. the antivenin has horse blood in it, because to make it they

inject the venom into a horse until it builds up an immunity to it. crazy

I was stripping down an 86 300z when a black widow dropped down on my inner thigh and started crawling on my leg FREAKED ME OUT