project 411 boso rat

ill juat leave this here.... 180/55/13x12.... also im able to get a wider slick so ill be running these on ther front now and the rear will be a 13x14 

97B93385-996E-4558-8039-23EA3B3181BA-251

46DBF6A9-335E-43D6-9631-521B2A573BCB-251

heres the same tire on the 13x10 for comparison

82712BDA-80A3-44D5-BEE9-3CD7A5A04DB0-251

4E9F5CBB-5E33-4B0E-AE42-90BD69FC356B-251

let the hate begin!!!!!! its what my buddy refers to as ninja stretch....

• Like 1
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nothin moar boso than slicks stretched over 13s :rofl:

duh its all race style stuff taken to the extreme, this case extremely small tires, extremely wide wheels with extremely negative offsets..... EXTREME... i need some mt dew now

With crazy negative camber, won't you be pretty much driving on the side wall?

I dig it and all, but I have a pretty big dislike of trailer trash queens. I'm trying to go for a much more moderate boso on my truck so that it can make some long road trips to... far away.

Digging the look, concerned about the functionality.

Nope I've got a 280zx IRS setup to go in it. It's gonna have some camber but not extreme... This car will be driven, almost daily. The flares I'm making my own out of sheet metal, they will be the standard super wide boso style that will render my rear doors useless.

What kind of flares did you have on it initially? ZG?

Your wheels are BADASS! .... Actually, the whole car is BADASS!

I tried something similar a while back, but gave up after I couldn't find anything but slicks to fit them...

These are panasport C8 .... 15x10  &  15x12

I ended up selling them to fund other parts of the project.

pana2.jpg

pana12.jpg

pana23.jpg

Not sure what wheels I'll end up with, but hopefulle something close to these...

No one needs rear doors... Ive had my car for a year now, and Ive never once had anyone sitting in the rear seat.

You need more friends... :) j/k

Erich, love the dash mod. Never was a fan of the 411 dash. Is the curvature of the window a problem or not? I'm gonna guess that your going to smooth out the texture of the 521 dash?

Is this a track/show car? Those tires don't look dot friendly...

Dot friendly... Ya cause that's my biggest worry lol. Ill be driving this car. It's pointless if you don't. Slicks on the street is fine. Plus the 1-2 inches of ground clearence at static ride height isn't dot either. I love the 411 dash, just wanted to melt brains when ppl look in and see 521... With 68 510 gauges in the cluster... Yup 68 510s

Your cars fwd being built to be a "corner monster" lol my car is red being built for a look and to be driven. The difference with mine is my steering geometry will still work correctly. And when I say built to fit wheel I mean the whole car. My suspension is going to be wide enough that I don't need 2 inch spacers on the rear to fit my wheels. I know the front will prolly have a spacer just cause the backspace of the wheels. Also my cars badass... Boso wins... Bubble flare wide body loses!

whateva, I ain't focusing on my suspension cause I don't have money to put into it yet, and I need to get the body done before anything else since I've got all the materiel to do it with already, in either case I just thought that sounded familiar is all, jeez don't bite my head off.

well i picked up my wider slicks for the rear of the car. they are 2 inches wider and an inch taller, i think this will let us run a 15 wide... worst case 14 wide, wither way the wheels will be wider than tall! we also got word back from a wheel manufacture that reproduces alot of legit old race wheels to basically the same specs, meaning they arent cheap. they tolds us that these wheels are mamba solar's and they are a 70's wheel, the owner of the company used to race on them in 78. MEANING!!!!..... we have a set of period correct race wheels for the project! he also said he can provide barrels for them with the correct bolt pattern where the wheels bolt together casue they bolts aren evenly spaced on the original wheels for some reason, probably to keep ppl from running other companies barrels. heres a shot of the slicks in the back of the JAE 521 delivery truck sitting outside my buddy's super bowl party.

820890_470889612960133_434028765_o_zps4e

• 7 months later...

Just random deals, guy I got them from didn't know what they were, neither did I. He also measured the barrels wrong and said they were 14s so I had told him no, till I saw them in his shop one day.

But those panasports are nuts! I'm also rebarreling mine to be 13x12ish and 13x16ish

• Like 1