project 411 boso rat

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love me some 13/14in wheels... can you flip the center around on the uber positive rim?

I was thinking the same thing, but that will totally screw his scrub radius over, It might rub sticking out that far too. Maybe have new barrels for the front made?

No they are gonna get a lil stretch... And I could flip it but yes scrub would be HORRABLE! And it would have more lip than the rear.... Also just found out I will never be able to run my 280zx struts so those are up for sale now. I'm gonna be building an a-arm setup that will have some serious steering angle for teh dorifto! These wheels just made my build go extreme! (Where's my mt dew) lol. I'm gonna run them as is unless I can get some that are already made for cheap. I'm gonna refinish em with 12pt bolts and purple faces. As far as stock 411 back spacing... No idea they come with the same stock steeliness as a 510. But it'll all be built to fit the wheels.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing, but that will totally screw his scrub radius over, It might rub sticking out that far too. Maybe have new barrels for the front made?

also i know they are race wheels and getting new barrels made would be bad ass, but youre missing the pint, i got em for 200 + a set of 60 dollar coilover sleeves. so i only have 260 invested in em and they kickass as is. also if i get my struts sold then the wheels are almost free lol

cant flip em front to rear... the positives are 8.5 wide. the rears are 10.... i also mocked em uo and the 280zx struts actually fit inside and everythign but they would have needed so much spacer to bolt up.... ill be finding something thats a stock rotor and a stcok caliper that way parts are available at auto zone.... also this isnt a track car... yes i said dorifto but that is just for the few times ill take it out there and the rest just for some parking lot fun.the insides of the whewels are just at 12.5 inches i beleive so i can get and 11 inch rotor most likely or real close to it. the rears wil lprolly get the same rotor with a dual caliper setup for the hydro ebrake for the driftz. its gonna be a slammed daily. i already have my track car chassis. just seems all the parts ive been getting for it are ending up on here lol

Could split both fronts and rears apart... flip the fronts to uber negative and use half of the rears to the old fronts to widen them and create NEW rears... then use the smaller half on the old rears to make NEW fronts...  reseal and bolt together...

I didn't look at how wide that would make them, though... like 12"? and fronts would only like 7"?

Dunno... if you bought them, I say play with them and see what would happen!

ok itys a good thought in theory.. but the rears are a near zero offset. that means one barrel is a 5 and the other is a 4.5... roughly. the rear is the  wider one from what i remeber. the fronts are 8.5s. the barrels are 1.5 front barrel and a 6.5 or so on the rear side. if i flip em around i will end up with a 6.5 or 7 depending on which barrel i use and then the rear will be a 12.5 or 13. the problem is that the barrels arent symetrical. one side is the stepped style and the other is a smoth tansition. so they will look funny if i use a rear barrel for the front side of a wheel. ive already looked at it and it just wont work. id have a 7 wide front - 60/70ish offset and a 13 +30ish, the front would have too much lip. the only way i could do it is to use rear barrels on both wheels in the front part of the wheel, i will take a look at it tonight and see what happens.

here is a shot of the rear wheel from the side and then a chopped shot of it to illistrate the way the front is, its not a true pic of the fronts......

Untitled-4.png

so i said id do it and i did, heres what i figured out on the wheels. i can make a 13x12.25 et-60 and a with some fancy machine work i can make the front a 13x8.5 et-60. the front i cant show yet casue i dont have the material for machinging and im not even gonna explain it casue i know there will be some nay sayers and i know it will work and not interested in hearing why some ppl think it wont lol.

heres the regular 8.5, regular 10, and the new 12.25

IMG_00861.jpg

and here is the stagger from front to rear on width

IMG_00871.jpg

those are some wheels!!!!

the fronts will have 5 inches of lip and the rears have 7 inches!

• 3 weeks later...

so here is an update. i pulled my 280zx rear xmemeber out and measured it hub to hub. it looks like it will actually be a fairly simple thing to do, not a simple bolt in one but not as massivley hard as it sounds. the points where the 280zxbolts up and the 411 front spring pocket are the same distance from the axle centre line. the 280zx comes up at 55 inches+/- and the stock 411 is 45 inches i believe. so i measured things up and set the rims in where they go and they stick out of the flares.... a lot!!!! so i have decided i wont be running these flares and will be making my own and going boso with it. there is about 7-8 inches of wheel outside the body. should make for some fun. heres some pics

7B95177B-FDCA-4020-BECD-BA9150F5E36E-570

FC0E2853-8EB2-4C53-8EB4-9F2AE98EFFD0-570

8488A0C2-F445-45C9-87F6-973B6D0D90D4-570

E632FBE1-DDF8-4575-9E03-419E7D849360-570