project 411 boso rat

i reently picked up a new pl411 from iscout62. the plans are to sand off the black primer to the blue metallic below it and through to the primer, og red, and metal in the "heavy" spots to give it the patina look. the car came with a set of factory mags from the 70/80, and by set i mean all 5, one never used nib. the interior will be all stockish but seats will be upholstered in purple mexican blankets, not just drapped over them. i still have no idea on a motor. i have a u20 that needs rebuilding and i could do a simple non intercooled turbo on it and piss ppl off.(my main goal in life)

heres the somewhat progress that has been made. almost all the sanding has been done by my gf krystal while ive been working on customer cars at the shop. the pass quarter, door and fender are done-ish. the hood has a ratsun rising sun in black and purple and is currently on the ss car i have for shits and gigs.

7791370482_5c1ecbd71e_k.jpg

7791370072_9dda2f9374_k.jpg

7791369784_99d26f9a2a_k.jpg

7791367408_b56bef84fe_k.jpg

7791366668_f0188ce707_b.jpg

7791366484_eb60683d61_b.jpg

dash i may use not sure yet. 521 dash i narrowed 3.5 inches to fit a 411

7791369356_8ecc1ae6d4_b.jpg

7791367686_8c4134eba0_b.jpg

7791367894_230182e88a_b.jpg

7791368296_d182ea910d_b.jpg

7791368576_865f1c1c2e_b.jpg

so thats whats new.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erich! Great workmanship to date, poor car is going to be a gem. To really piss off people who would actually look, why not pop an Infiniti G20 emblem in the center of the grill and centered on the trunk lid? Call it an Infiniti R160, R16, R20 or R2000 depending on what engine you use. R20t anyone?

its a pic of the dash in the racecar lol. i just got another with my 521 parts truck so i could make another. sanded the drivers quarter and turns out its been hit. when i rolled the wheel lip the 1 inch bondo cracked off... so ive decided ill cut it and run zg flares or somethinf to that effect.

pic dump

pass side unrolled wheel lip

IMG_0662.jpg

driver side rolled

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

the bondo that cracked out

IMG_0659.jpg

inside of pass side no damage

IMG_0661.jpg

drivers side you can see where it was hit and not worked out, the black area

IMG_0660.jpg

you can also see how bad the paint is on the drivers quarter, but im gonna leave it casue its a fucking rat, not a show car lulz

IMG_0654.jpg

• 3 months later...

ya actually i did, thats why i said it wasnt up to date in here. i bought a 521 recently too and it has a running l16 w/ weber and a dogleg. it came with a sohc ka in the bed so its going in here. its been done before but now the 411 that hadit is a dohc so ill still have the only one lol. ive got some pics to upload and explain and such that ill be doin today.

ive got 4 lol. rat car, sss, race car, and 521. thats the problem... i have 4 projects, 2 jobs and a shop with customer builds too, and i like to chase women lol. cars usually take a back seat to all of it. but i had the 4 day turkey day weekend and got some good work done.

• Like 1

IMG_0851.jpg

getting ready to cut

IMG_0853.jpg

the huge dent in the wheel well that made me decide to flare it in the first place. there was tons of bondo in this thing

IMG_0852.jpg

another shot of the dent. you can see all the bondo dust on the floor from when i wire wheeled it all off.

IMG_0861.jpg

flare on and sitting close to ride height

IMG_0858.jpg

another veiw of it on. note all the rust on the floor, another reason why i didnt feel bad cutting up a 411, this car has swiss cheese rockers in the rear section of the quarters.

SNC00812.jpg

here is the profile of the rear just taped on in the parking lot

SNC00811.jpg

profile of both on the car taped on int the parking lot

SNC00810.jpg

side shot of it doing the taped on mock up in the parking lot

IMG_07761.jpg

and the afore mentioned ka24e sohc that is going to be resting between the rails soon

alright so i did a bit more on this thing on sunday. i got both flares in final instal. had to finish the cut and weld on the passenger side and mount it and then bought some really cheap cabinet hardware from home depot to mount them since the stainless stuff i had used on the driver side was 20+ for one flare. i have enough hardware for all of them for 8 and some change. plus im hoping that the bolts may rust up a bit and give it a lil more ratt look. i also got about 75% done with my roof. i stripped the whole thing and was going to just clear coat it after sanding front to back with 400 grit for a nice brushed look. but then i got a wild hair up my ass and decided go big or go home so i shot purple glitter all over it andthen sealed with clear. it needs a bunch more clear to actually burry thr glitter. right now it has some gnarly texture. i want it to be smooth so ill be adding a bunch more clear to it in hte next weekend. i also did some more work on the dash for the car (but dont have oics) as you know im running a narrowed 521 dash and i took the glove box and nessacary mounts off the passenger side and put them on the new passenger side. thats right. going rhd with this bad boy and have pulled the trigger. the motor choice is up in the air at the moment since a member here and freind of mine has offered me a bitchen setup of a ca18det with turbo ecu and all the fun stuff fow fwee!!!! so i may still throw the ka in and build the ca and put it in after its done, the ca is in peices so its not an instant swap....

enogh with all them fancy book learnin word and such.... on to the oics

you can see how much i cut. actually cut the back corner off the door

IMG_0004.jpg

passenger side installed

IMG_0006.jpg

driver side again

IMG_0007.jpg

the rest are shots of the roof after the clear and everything

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

this ones with all the lights off and the flash on the camera. thats why theres a ghost casue all the spray paint in the air lol

IMG_0012.jpg

up close texture

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

ooooohhhhhhhhhhh sparkly

IMG_0025.jpg

i know everyone is prolly gonna hate on the roof but thats kinda what im going for ... its for teh lulz.

guess what showed up today?????!!!!

IMG_00271.jpg

now i get to figure out how im going to do the struts on the front of the car lol

so far the tally on this thing is...

67 411, 521 dash, 69 510 gauges, rhd, huge flares, super low static drop, purple metal flake roof, ratty paint, ca18det or ka24e, 11 in wide wheels, 280zx struts with coil overs... we will see what else i can think of to do on this thing.....

so ask and ye shall receive. talked to my neighbor about some wheels hhe said he had a while back. there is one guy thats interested in them that has first dibs but i think hes gonna flake since they told him about em weeks ago and he hasnt said anything. the wheels are 14x10 and 14x9. idk offsets yet but the 14x10 looks like a 0 offset or negative. showed them to radim who knows wheels and he couldnt identify them. they have not one casting mark or anything. nothing on measurments... nothing. radim says they are most likely a one off race wheel that someone had made back in the day. now for the awesom part. they are true 3 peice unwelded... oh and the guy only wants 150 for em lol.

heres pics

IMG_00291.jpg

IMG_00301.jpg

im pretty pumped about em. i keep telling him that i have cash in hand so he will hopefully just sell em to me and forget the other guy. i dont wanan miss out on these wheels!

i think im just gonna go give him the money and take the 2 right now and tell him to get the other 2 from the guy that was interested. his buddy/co worker took em to the guy in la to see if he liked em and for some reason he left the front there... and the owner of them didnt know he was gonna leave em....