muffler for my 620

Bambino

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect.

How the heck you guys get shit so cheap down there???

Mike, just gotta know where to look!

Thrush turbo mufflers at Autozone are $22. You can get a stock quiet Walker SoundFit from Autozone for about the same price.

I havent had good luck with the sound of most mufflers. I think the stocker is the best.

Stock is good. Magnaflow sound good if that's what you're looking for though.

Havent heard on a Datsun, but in general, I prefer the sound of a Borla muffler than a magnaflow on a 4cylinder

Then you have my cousins car, 1.8t, 22psi, 3 inch to 2.5 inch, 2.5 inch to 2 inch, then some flex pipe, no muffler, no resonator, no cat, that thing sounded like a diesel truck (turbos muffle sound...).

I got a 2" in 2" out cherrybomb straight piped on mine. I don't recall the length, but it's pretty long. No pipes after it. Mounted just after the Xmsn. I like the sound. It's very distinct and unique. Truck sounds bigger than it is I think.

I run straight pipe to A-Spec Blastpipes, sounds amazing... but before that i ran a Cherry Bomb "Turbo" muffler, the oval type with a dumped tip mid-way through the bed.... that sounded pretty damn decent too.

My '74 has an older stainless DC Sports oval muffler that is a semi free flow design using the stock down tube and approx 2 1/4 in pipe in and out to a little chrome tip just before the bumper :)

The L-18 is desmogged and stock save for an open chamber W53 head, 4-2-1 L-16 exhaust mani, matchbox distributor and some tweaking on the Hitachi carb.

Here's some L motor noise \/

https://vimeo.com/47697943