Bags or Static?

NW620

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I run static dropped and drives great.. I have stepped front A arms, C-notched rear frame, I do have rear air shocks. Air bags are great if you want to lay the frame on the ground, I have had air bagged trucks and hydraulic trucks..all are cool in there own right..just have to figure out what you want to accomplish....Just remember this, air bagged rides, done right arent all that cheap...and alot of work and mods need to be done,.....Good luck!!!

• Like 1

Yeah my truck rides like shit from being how low it is right now. i removed 2 leafs, 3in blocks in the rear, and i messed with the tbars up front. what could i do from here to go lower? i dont need to be completely slammed. i would just like to tucking all the way around. like this:

datsun620.jpg

Guest kamakazi620

Yeah my truck rides like shit from being how low it is right now. i removed 2 leafs, 3in blocks in the rear, and i messed with the tbars up front. what could i do from here to go lower? i dont need to be completely slammed. i would just like to tucking all the way around. like this:

datsun620.jpg

You'll need a rear C notch and i suggest you extend your front shock mounts and run pinto shocks

I would also like to see more pictures of your truck. I did a static drop on mine. Removed 2 leafs, 4 inch block in rear, adjusted the Tbars all the way up front, and cut the bumpstops in half. I'm running 15x8 wheels w/ 205/65 tires, which I had to roll the fenders in the rear alittle and didn't have to mess with anything else up front. I'll post a picture of mine when I get home.

I knew it....see how pics can be mis leading? The first pic you posted of just the front was taken like you were coming out of a driveway, hence it looks way lower than it is. No way you could get the front that low (on level ground) by just re indexing the torsion bars.

Farmer Joe is the real deal!!! How did it ride to Canby with the one leaf? I remember reading you hava air shocks some where as well.

I knew it....see how pics can be mis leading? The first pic you posted of just the front was taken like you were coming out of a driveway, hence it looks way lower than it is. No way you could get the front that low (on level ground) by just re indexing the torsion bars.

Farmer Joe is the real deal!!! How did it ride to Canby with the one leaf? I remember reading you hava air shocks some where as well.

canby trip was awesome. the suspension system turned out to work pretty well.

i do have 3 leafs in the pack tho.. some still call it mono leaf tho, but its all good lol

put like 40psi in the shocks, and just cruise...

crappy pic, but give you the idea... again, dont mind the shock..

FxCam_1281754642418.jpg

this is whats cut out of the front..

IMG_20120508_121318.jpg

this is how much room i have between the LCA and the frame now... i consider it a fail safe.. it still rolls being that low, so i could make it home in case something broke.

IMG_20120508_112445.jpg

im revealing all my secrets... :lol:

• 2 months later...