• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...

I got Chevy Corvette Calipers on the front with top mounted bleeders

Nissan 280zx calipers on the rear that also have top mount bleeders

as well as the power brake master cylinder, I believe my application (while new) came from the B210 not sure what year

This could be your problem... BIG calipers front and back and TINY little B210 master cylinder. It can't work those huge calipers. You need something like a zx 15'16" master.

As far as drum shoes are concerned, friction is friction.

Unless yours are saturated in oil/brake fluid it will make little to no difference.

Did you get the master cylinder figured out?

Are your rubber brake hoses in good shape?

Are shoes adjusted tight?

Is the cylinder push rod at the correct length?

the cylinder is good.. I decided to scuff up the pads with some sandpaper and the drums.. and I bled it again. and adjusted it one more time..

it's all good now.. it's grip than before, and I'm not pumping 8 times it's a 2 or 3 pump. a lot better than what I had

the cylinder is good.. I decided to scuff up the pads with some sandpaper and the drums.. and I bled it again. and adjusted it one more time..

it's all good now.. it's grip than before, and I'm not pumping 8 times it's a 2 or 3 pump. a lot better than what I had

Negative!!! It's not better. Always look at worst case scenario.. kid jumps out in front of you. You have less than 2 seconds to get the hell on the brakes. 8 or 2 pumps? it ain't happening. Keep trying until it's right.

• 3 weeks later...

o snap i have similar problem on my 620 i changed all drums pads and adjusted them,checked wheel cylinders changed out booster bled them like 6 o 7 times bench bled the master still no brakes, but now imma try what mike said n see if it works

If you removed the MC from the Booster, and removed the Push Rod from the Booster to adjust the length, check for this... #18 in the diagram. It's a little rubber grommet that takes up about an 1/8th of play in the pedal travel. I took off my MC and removed the Push Rod to adjust the length, but in doing so the rubber grommet fell to the bottom of the booster (inside). I didn't know about this and bled my MC and Brakes countless times with no results. I don't know if you can properly bleed the brakes on the truck with this out, as you won't get the full pedal travel.

Booster_Diagram.jpg

I got the info from reading this '71 Skyline build. Figure I'd give credit were credit is due.

http://mybuildgarage.com/2010/10/1971-nissan-skyline-2000gt-hakosuka-restoration/

I'm a noobie, but thought this might help. I haven't re-bled the system on my truck brakes since finding this... but it has made a difference already just putting it back in place.

Good luck