no brakes at all

Bambino

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, here is your break from someone who was a noob not to long ago.

FSM = Factory Service Manual

Post some pics of your truck - everybody likes to see what your working on and sometimes can point out issues just by looking

Do you have any repair manuals?

OK put your finger on the hole in the master cylinder and have soembody pump the master up . hopfully it will shoot soem fluid UP at you.

Then if it does try going to the wheel cyl and see if it starts comming out there.

If Not, the master could have gone bad as you one pushes the Master in theres a ridge inside that breaks the O ring or seal cause your were pushing the pedal all the way to the floor past the rideg in side the master cly bore thus ripping the seal

With all wheel cyl closed and fluid in Master when you push the pedal do you see tiny air bubbles come up in the resivoir ? If yes then its Bad I would say.

ck inside the cab to see if leaky from inside?????

If was dry it could have cracked a seal ?

I have never bleed a maaster cylinder in 25 years of owning a Datsun myself

ok, here is your break from someone who was a noob not to long ago.

FSM = Factory Service Manual

Post some pics of your truck - everybody likes to see what your working on and sometimes can point out issues just by looking

Do you have any repair manuals?

yeah I got one

ive changed out all my wheel cylinder, in all 4 drums, and I've bleed the brakes for the 5th time and I got nothing yet... I need help plz

Got nothing? What does this mean? You still have no brakes or no fluid is coming out?

You only changed the wheel cylinders so you don't need to bench bleed the master. Well as long as it hasn't gone dry.

Keep the master full of fluid, open the bleeder rear right side, have someone push the peddle down, close bleeder, raise peddle... repeat until fluid pushes all the air out and only clear fluid squirts. It may take 7-8 pumps to fill the wheel cylinder and the line to it. Now the left rear, right front and left front.

Be sure to adjust the brake shoes to the drums to reduce travel.

Im keeping a close eye on this forum, I'm having the same problem. I got brand new front and rear calipers, brake booster and new master and still I got crap!!! nothing!!! zilch!!! zero!!!! nada!!!!

Im gonna try to bleed the system AGAIN!!!! and see what happens. Its days like this that I wanna ditch the whole freakin project.

Do what GGZilla said and see what that does

However, You never anwsered in post 6 .

With all wheel cyl closed and fluid in Master when you push the pedal do you see tiny air bubbles come up in the resivoir ? If yes then its Bad I would say.

Im just saying with not resisitance the master might be able to push fluid with bleed open . But closed it might not.

This happen to me after WHEEL CYLINDER CHANGE. MASTER went bad trying to bleed it.

can buy a couple and keep as a sparee

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

Yes still awsering Babino

Im keeping a close eye on this forum, I'm having the same problem. I got brand new front and rear calipers, brake booster and new master and still I got crap!!! nothing!!! zilch!!! zero!!!! nada!!!!

If Rayven

You need to be spefic on wht you got on the 510 esp if you got rear disc installed as depedning on kit you can mount them upper or lower and have to bleed them correctly.

Also you got power brake master cylinder?

Okay...

I got Chevy Corvette Calipers on the front with top mounted bleeders

Nissan 280zx calipers on the rear that also have top mount bleeders

as well as the power brake master cylinder, I believe my application (while new) came from the B210 not sure what year

I have bled both the master cylinder (three times) and all four corners twice, I do have some resistance in the pedal but again the pedal still goes near the floor when I push it. As a side note it used to hit the floor, now it just comes close.

Anybody wanna buy a 73 wagon? Im kidding unless I can get this crap figured out.