Doty (Deal of the year)

skyblue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never had a set of the "snowflake" wheels, but they look cool, especially with the dark green & gold!  I passed up a set at one of our local yards a few weeks ago on a Z-car, prolly should have bought 'em............. :sleep:

Just curious where you found that Trans Cross member ?? Looks pretty sweet!

I had the dog leg in my 510 when I bought it, and all the PO did was flip the original 4 spd x-member and place spacers between the it and the mount holes, so I am very curious how the x-member that you bought works :-)

Awesome car by the way!  I have the same rust spots around my tail lights lol, but no where near as nice of a paint job on mine :rofl:

I never had a set of the "snowflake" wheels, but they look cool, especially with the dark green & gold!  I passed up a set at one of our local yards a few weeks ago on a Z-car, prolly should have bought 'em............. :sleep:

I like them cause they look period correct, even though they're actually 10 years difference. I was gonna get them repainted in a burnt bronze, but when I put them on I fell in love with the gold. Too bad you passed. They're getting harder to find.

Just curious where you found that Trans Cross member ?? Looks pretty sweet!

I had the dog leg in my 510 when I bought it, and all the PO did was flip the original 4 spd x-member and place spacers between the it and the mount holes, so I am very curious how the x-member that you bought works :-)

Awesome car by the way!  I have the same rust spots around my tail lights lol, but no where near as nice of a paint job on mine :rofl:

I got the x-member on eBay actually. I believe the company is called experimental engineering. $90 shipped. Check out triple240z's thread if you want to see it installed. He did the 5 speed swap and used one on his 510.

Thanks I love my 510. I got pretty lucky when I found it. Do you have a build thread for yours?

I got the x-member on eBay actually. I believe the company is called experimental engineering. $90 shipped. Check out triple240z's thread if you want to see it installed. He did the 5 speed swap and used one on his 510.

Thanks I love my 510. I got pretty lucky when I found it. Do you have a build thread for yours?

Okay cool! Ill start watching the fleaBay for one ;-)

And yes I started a build under "Marty's 70 4dr..."

I really should throw the link in my sig line lol

small issue the other day, found a puddle of ATF under my car. the culprit was my cooling lines had sprung a leak.

PO cut the line and put a hose in place. he did a poor job of cutting the line.

8EAE7563-0D13-498A-978C-92350C8519F2-769

under the knife

4CD6EDAB-E232-48A4-88C0-31F9B5312470-769

I patched it up and it turned out it was the other line leaking that had a pin sized hole from rubbing against a nearby bracket. so i cut that one, correctly, and stuck a hose on it. leaked fixed, but now the tranny slips when cold. i guess its time to get cracking on the 5 speed swap. i need a flywheel and cover for a dogleg tranny. anyone have one laying around they want to sell me?

• Like 1

Thanks!

Nope haha but who's James? And does he have a 4dr for sale in the same color??! ;-) ;-) :-)

And in Nor-Cal???? ;-) maybe?

You will find out who James is real quick here......he's called The 510 Keeper for a reason.....

......and he's a hop, skip, and a jump from ya.

• Like 1

Thanks!

Nope haha but who's James? And does he have a 4dr for sale in the same color??! ;-) ;-) :-)

And in Nor-Cal???? ;-) maybe?

he has a ton of 510's up in your neck of the woods. i thought i saw yours on his "new to the family" thread. but i was wrong.

• Like 1

You will find out who James is real quick here......he's called The 510 Keeper for a reason.....

......and he's a hop, skip, and a jump from ya.

Sweet - hopefully at the Sacto meet on First Fridays. I know you and SkyBlue are in the Bay Area, but do you get over this way for any of the meets?

(Totally trying not to Thread Jack btw!!! ;) )

We've talked about going but haven't yet.....we usually work Fridays and to head there after work on a Friday would probably be nightmarish traffic-wise.....

........that's not a thread jack......you obviously haven't had jrock on your thread yet :rofl:

• Like 1

we got to as far as vacaville once. it was kinda lame and haven't been up north since, unless you count canby lol. but yea like triple said, it would be pretty late by the time we would make it out there.

fun runs are another story tho. i know there's some up there every now and then.

Your already done by more than a few days but when i splice tubing with hose i use the double flare tool to make a tit at the end so the clamp can never just slide off...  Not a full double flare just the first jig that makes a bubble, not sure if i'm over thinking it in the worrying dept or not.

Your already done by more than a few days but when i splice tubing with hose i use the double flare tool to make a tit at the end so the clamp can never just slide off...  Not a full double flare just the first jig that makes a bubble, not sure if i'm over thinking it in the worrying dept or not.

I thought about doing something like that. But it was taking too long as it was so I didn't. Hopefully It's ok.

• 2 weeks later...

got some goodies in the mail today.

stock mirror. gonna clean it up and repaint it all purty.

1A5ABA43-900E-440B-A88F-6B597AB34CEC-439

stock radio. not sure if it works, but even if it doesn't i like the og look.

216A438A-877C-4836-AC72-554A6FA4C9F2-439

thanks ratdat3.

haha.thx. yea, no. that was just a sticker someone stuck on. it peeled right off. lol. knob on the left is not factory. so now i have to find a 510 knob. let the needle in a haystack search begin. lol

• Like 1