The father and son roadster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need help to build the side interior door panels. Anyone know what material to use for the build? Hard carboard covered with fake leather?

NOT cardboard! Look below in the "interiors" section, there's a whole discussion on "best" solutions for replacement interior door panels. Good luck on continuing the work without your Dad's help.

NOT cardboard! Look below in the "interiors" section, there's a whole discussion on "best" solutions for replacement interior door panels. Good luck on continuing the work without your Dad's help.

Thank you for the help.

Does miata seats look nice. I heard they have some speakers in the head rest is it true? And if they do are, they loud or just better out replacing them for other one's.

Some do, and they are usually cheap seats because they get unloaded for fixed back racing seats. I had a miata for awhile and the stock miata seats are a great seat - especially for the money.

Just read the whole build, great job so far! I completely love my Miata seats. They are comfy, and much easier to live with then a racing seat. They are also lower, so it is easier for a tall person to fit in the car. I also moved mine farther back so I have more leg room than stock. As for the grill, or any other parts you might need, check ebay. Just type in "Datsun Roadster" and a ton of parts come up. I see grills on there regularly. Door panels, as well! Also, 311s.org is a forum just for the roadster, and those guys can be super helpful. The site also has a wiki with a TON of great info. Be sure to check that out! Welcome to Ratsun, fellow roadsterist! We are somewhat of a rare breed! It is an awesome car though, so have fun with it!

• Like 1

Any one here know if a frontier engine and manual transmission would fit in a roadster?

Which frontier? Year, trim level and engine are what we need. 4 banger or 6? 4WD, or 2WD? I'm assuming you mean a 4 banger 2wd, which will probably fit.

Should fit just fine! I am installing the KA24E from the 240sx in mine, and I think the biggest difference is that mine is a front sump motor, and yours is rear sump. The rear sump is actually easier to fit, because you don't need to modify the front cross member. Go for it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So i'm still in the same hole, nothing has been going on with the car. I'm probably going to have to change to another paint shop because they have been working like freaking bumps in a log. Maybe this month I start buying some used brakes for the front, grill, and a front bumper. It took me a long time to save money lets just say i lost some weight. :)

P.S Anyone know how to restore the interior knobs, because I just can imagine my self fu#&ing them up.

I know what you mean, I'm not going anywhere right now and trying to save up some money.

I know what you mean, I'm not going anywhere right now and trying to save up some money.

I know how you fell dud, it's just frustrating knowing that there's nothing you can do. Specially when your car is in the shop and they don't let you work with them on the painting process. But that's what happens when you don't know how to paint, if not i would of been done by now.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

So this is the progress so far. YES!! I know the car is sitting very unsafely on bricks, but hey that's all i got.

DSC02875_zps028582c9.jpg

DSC02874_zpsb0cc19d9.jpg

DSC02873_zps3bfe8dab.jpg

DSC02872_zpsb2f1eef1.jpg

DSC02871_zpsa7c6fc99.jpg

DSC02870_zpsdeaa0854.jpg

DSC02869_zps28afc546.jpg

DSC02867_zpsdf26969e.jpg

DSC02866_zpsd1195777.jpg

DSC02865_zpscaeb15cc.jpg

DSC02864_zps8010b2d4.jpg

DSC02863_zps1f05752a.jpg

DSC02862_zpsc976becf.jpg

DSC02861_zps7d585314.jpg

2013-01-25094720.jpg

Hope you like the slow progress.  :yawn:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally the car is out of the shop. icon_biggrin.gif 
That means that i will be asking tons of questions to everyone that wants to help. 
This is just a little preview of the car. The camera does not do justice to the paint. 
By the way, I want to say thank you to everyone that's been helping me out. Plus does anyone have pictures of how to take the gauges apart, so i can clean them.

DSC03109_zps1ead52db.jpg

DSC03111_zps38e385df.jpg

DSC03124_zps5d3ad497.jpg