It's a love/hate thing...

i was like this :sneaky: and than i saw the 2x4 part and was like this :rolleyes:

haha fuck were all building cars some just slower then others. and on a budget cheaper.

so final wheel plans are barts on pulled fenders?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 1/4 is as deep as they come new. ;)

Cool car man. Nice to see some progress.

Well damn :rofl:

Yeah I need a air dam ....... For my wagon , lol

I'm pretty sure you could make a 240z spook style work! And for 30$ plus shipping you'd be crazy not to try :w00t:

So I was picking up my guitarist from s30kids house today, and I took a look at his rears. He currently has no springs, and he is toeing like hell.

Conclusion, raise the car about an inch or so. I'll still be low, but now I won't scrape on my drivewayhopefully and it'll take all the strain outta my transmission and driveline.

Alright so last time I updated I was gonna raise it around an inch or so right? Well I finally pulled it apart.

20120711_113822-1.jpg

This is the drivers side. The Original springs were way to tall, so I cut them down about 2 1/2 coils.

20120711_113801.jpg

Well they were still to tall so I hastily left for the nearest O'reilly for a spring compressor.

Bear in mind that my car had been like this all day

20120711_145525.jpg

Well I get back, finish getting the drivers side in, and as I go to put the wheel on, I hear this ~KA THUNK~ from the passenger side.

turns out my 35+ year old strut hat was like, eh I'm read to retire, and blew itself out the bottom. Like so

20120715_124419.jpg

So I threw it back together enough to get it out of my friends driveway and onto the side of the street.

The next day I went to U-Pull-It and got two rear 240z strut hats. I really didn't need two, but I figured since the 240z ones are smaller then the 280z ones, I might as well swap them both. So I swaped them both out, in sideways rain that stops when I'm finished, and drove home. Funny thing is, I have the same ride height, but about 2 inch more of suspension travel!

Ok since I have been driving my car for awhile, I would really like an answer on this.

When I have a mostly full or completely full tank of gas, my car runs fine and great, not rich at all.

As soon as I get below 1/2 tank, it starts to run so rich I spit fuel out the tail pipe. Any ideas?