It's a love/hate thing...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

motor seizes= sell the car? this is ratsun were talking about here just cause your broke doesnt mean you sell the car you park it save money repair and be on your way

This was the original plan, but when it lives in your parents garage, I really have no choice here. Plus finding Z parts here is like finding a hedgehog in a field of cacti. Painful and difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She lives!

Picked up a 77 L28e N42 block sitting with an N47 head on it! It was gonna be scrapped(WHY?!!?!) so i nabbed it for a tastey 100 bucks.

20120908_145744_zpsc1d307fa.jpg

s30kid sittin pretty with my motor. It took me, him, and two other guys to lift it out of the truck and the 4 feet into the storage shed where it sits for now :sneaky:

Being a motor about to be scrapped, I figured it needed a few things, such as gaskets and a re-ring, no matter the shape of the rings or the bore, so I picked up these lovelys

20120920_224704_zps6d13e9d4.jpg20120920_224737_zps6670fa3b.jpg

Tomorrow I strip everything off my old seized motor, Saturday I'm workin with s30kid to get him up and running as well as tearing down the new motor, and then on Sunday, I'm hopefully pullin the block outta my car and dropping the new one in!! :thumbup:

I GET TO DRIVE MY Z AGAIN, I'M SO HAPPY :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hairy:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

well done on the build and damn well done on not selling and finding a way to make her run. i know i'm a few months behind on the question, but if you havent started on taking the dash out yet...have fun :rofl:. a buddy of mine decided to take his off a while back, about 30 man hours and well over 100 connection pieces taken out later....he finished. and never put it back in cause he didnt wanna have to deal with it ever again :sick: . i got started pulling the one off my parts car and got about 45 minutes and like 10 screws into it, and realized i needed to get a lotta blaster, and better tools before i even dreamed about trying it again. most of them havent been taken off so the screws and shit are rusted in and dont wanna come out at all, and its no fun to snap em off in there.

hahaha thanks! The only thing left on the new motor is swaping over all the timing chain stuff and re-gasketing the whole damn thing!

It's almost done though, hope fully motor in and running by the 15th, and the eletrical fixed by the 20th for a Mt. Lemmon run!

Should be great fun!