DQs rabbit radiator replacement NLA?

Trying to upgrade my radiator to a thinner version so I have a bit more room to play with for fan options in my dime. Trying to follow the DQ write up and I can find everything available except for.... the radiator. Seems that they just no longer make the radiator. The only place I found after an hour of googling (thebusdepot.com) showed they had it in stock only to be emailed an hour later saying it was out of stock with no ETA for the part which is bad news.

So, what are you putting into your 510s instead of rabbit radiators? Or do you have a source for rabbit radiators?

I asked on vwvortex about where to find one and someone suggested to get this http://www.germanaut...ctdisplay/57125 I don't see much of a difference except the thermo switch, and it's also expensive. I don't know if the dimensions are the same elsewhere. DQ write up shows 26" wide overall and the germanautoparts part lists 20.5" between tanks. Anyone with a mk1 rabbit radiator know the width between the tanks?

Suggestions and advice? Drinking Heavily?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used a radiator spec'd for a '98 Jetta 2.0. It fit great and I have no cooling issues with a 2.4l engine. Rockauto lists several starting at $71. It does not have a filler on the radiator so either an inline filler or remote tank is necessary. In my case it actually worked out better that way.

I used a radiator spec'd for a '98 Jetta 2.0. It fit great and I have no cooling issues with a 2.4l engine. Rockauto lists several starting at $71. It does not have a filler on the radiator so either an inline filler or remote tank is necessary. In my case it actually worked out better that way.

Do you know what radiator hoses you used?

Do you know what radiator hoses you used?

Bend a coat hanger to shape. Take it to napa or other parts store and get something close. If you need inline filler get a 2000 dadge dakota part. I also used late 90's jetta and got it on ebay for $42 shipped.

Bend a coat hanger to shape. Take it to napa or other parts store and get something close. If you need inline filler get a 2000 dadge dakota part. I also used late 90's jetta and got it on ebay for $42 shipped.

This is exactly what I just did with the same radiator. I bought a new moroso inline filler and got the radiator used off craigslist. That thing fits perfect and is overfill for my Z20e swap.

That's exactly what I used in my 620 when I did my KA swap. 100 degree weather here and not a single heating issue. I used a remote filler cap from a dodge dakota or durango it works perfectly.