521 parts for show

skyc110

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread freezes my computer=[

The photo files are to big, I am kinda surprised that such big files can be posted, Laecaon posted some big ones of the canby meet, same issues.

You can tell when they are huge when you get past the photos and it almost returns to normal, but when you go back to veiw a photo it starts locking up again.

I offered before to let some one duplicate my oem window rubbers but no bites.I dont even want to make money just offer them to help people out.

we are doing this also, but we get a weak responses from the collectors, due to precision of the results and the minimum

quantity that will be accepted by the duplicator, any way many of our colleges went to China and did step # 1 duplication with 20% quality then step #2 ..... up to step #5 some times, finally they got a 70% similarity ( not for 521 , for other sedan datsuns )

what I firmly believe is that the duplicators in the USA are totaly differ from those in China, so they may do it in the second try if not in the first.

I offered before to let some one duplicate my oem window rubbers but no bites.I dont even want to make money just offer them to help people out.

I hear you here. I have a few NOS sets and I've spoken to Randy in person a few times over at Vintage Rubber to see if he would do the run. Bottom line is too expensive without a guaranteed return. Approximately $10K for a production die, which could include left and right. He'd have to sell approximately 50 sets to make a profit at $300 per set.

The option provided by Zed may be feasible as well. Not sure of their pricing though. I'd be willing to provide my NOS ones for experimentation of decent priced replacements.

• 2 weeks later...