Why I change my mind---Giving Means Receiving!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spam is like religion, once you 'get it' you can't help sharing with others who simply don't give a fuck. This is why I worship at the house of Datsun and recognize the holy Fan Shroud of Turin. When I talk to my co-workers about my Datsun I see their eyes roll and cut it short. Why waste my time bringing enlightenment to these swine? I associate now, only with others of the faith who identify themselves with the middle finger greeting. I have made the hadj to the holy city of Canby thrice in my life and brought back NOS and other sacred Datsun relics from the gurus and pilgrims there.

From the book of Mike:

I believe in the EI dizzy, and the IR alternator. That Datsun IS a car and that the almighty Nissan made them. I believe in gear reduction starters for colder climates and high output oil pumps. That setting valve lash hot is better than cold, and that a good mechanic does not need to use RTV. That a good used junkyard part is superior to a reconditioned one and I believe in the merits of a hot start relay and re torquing head bolts at every tune up. I believe that a higher output alternator trumps a stock one and that dash light dimmer switches were installed by Nissan as an in joke by the engineers. I have faith that when a Datsun quits on the side of the road that almost anyone can check for spark and fuel and that having found one and fixing the other it will start and get you home.

This is what I do believe in.

• Like 1

Spam is like religion, once you 'get it' you can't help sharing with others who simply don't give a fuck. This is why I worship at the house of Datsun and recognize the holy Fan Shroud of Turin. When I talk to my co-workers about my Datsun I see their eyes roll and cut it short. Why waste my time bringing enlightenment to these swine? I associate now, only with others of the faith who identify themselves with the middle finger greeting. I have made the hadj to the holy city of Canby thrice in my life and brought back NOS and other sacred Datsun relics from the gurus and pilgrims there.

From the book of Mike:

I believe in the EI dizzy, and the IR alternator. That Datsun IS a car and that the almighty Nissan made them. I believe in gear reduction starters for colder climates and high output oil pumps. That setting valve lash hot is better than cold, and that a good mechanic does not need to use RTV, EXCEPT WHERE THE UPPER TIMING CASE MEETS THE HEAD ON L MOTORS. That a good used junkyard part is superior to a reconditioned one and I believe in the merits of a hot start relay and re torquing head bolts at every tune up. I believe that a higher output alternator trumps a stock one and that dash light dimmer switches were installed by Nissan as an in joke by the engineers. I have faith that when a Datsun quits on the side of the road that almost anyone can check for spark and fuel and that having found one and fixing the other it will start and get you home.

This is what I do believe in.

Fixed! :)

Yeah, I think it's just the slow leak of oil from your 521 there Jayden. ;) If it seeps all over it's not really a leak, right? :D

For the record, I RTV rear mains too, or they leak. An L motor has many points where RTV is ideal.