Back to the future -- Datsun 620

w_datsun_a

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hell hath frozen over......the 620 is finally off stands! Was able to get all the body panels back on, had to do some rewiring to fix the previous owners idea of "fixing" the electrical. Still need to get it down and have the caster strut rod mounts fabricated, then I could have it aligned and finally drive it around!

Just off the stands...and riding a little too low. Seriously, I tried to drive it like this for kicks and giggles and it took 12 turns just to get it out of the driveway

austinpowers-070910.jpg

But on to the pics:

4FB87B38-D75F-4687-8121-72E22082E8E6-24051-00001D299DECEB84.jpg

1704CBB1-0D26-470C-AB56-3FC72D94C025-24051-00001D29A5A8F07C.jpg

So we raised it up a bit.

3DBF975F-FE2F-417A-8DAC-30DF15316EB4-24051-00001D29AD0A8F2F.jpg

Still lots to do, but it felt great getting it off the stands, some of the electrical sorted and actually driving it around the block!

Looking good! Real similar to the stance on mine. Mine is really low but I haven't drivin it yet. Hope to soon. I feel your painphoto_zps230b14d1.jpg

Nice! I bought it in July and have driven it ~5 times. :P I have an appointment Dec 1st with the guy who is going to fab my brackets. Hoping to do a little work on it this upcoming weekend!

Bonus good news. The person I bought the truck from never had it above 35mph for a long time due to a shaking (unbalanced wheel). He told me it was a 4-speed and I never thought too much about it. Driving down to Kent this morning (before meeting up at the SuperMall) I wasn't thinking as I came off 405 and merged to 167. I just instinctively moved from second, to third, then to fourth and finally....to fifth. Heh...I have a 5-speed after all. I kind of feel dumb for not trying in the first place. Oh well, at least I have a 5-speed!

• Like 1

Bonus good news. The person I bought the truck from never had it above 35mph for a long time due to a shaking (unbalanced wheel). He told me it was a 4-speed and I never thought too much about it. Driving down to Kent this morning (before meeting up at the SuperMall) I wasn't thinking as I came off 405 and merged to 167. I just instinctively moved from second, to third, then to fourth and finally....to fifth. Heh...I have a 5-speed after all. I kind of feel dumb for not trying in the first place. Oh well, at least I have a 5-speed!

the exact opposite happened to me, i bought a tranny and the guy told me it was a 5 speed, but in reality it was a 4th lol
  • 3 weeks later...
Nice work man, keep it up.

Thanks!  As promised, below are a few of the pictures that I took the other night.  I had to run into work late and the truck looked good in the parking lot so I snapped a few pics.  I haven't had much of a chance to do much with it lately.  My next plan is to do a some minor rust repair to the rocker panels and a few small patches here and there.  I have just been enjoying driving it!

B7234EA2-CF6D-4371-8FA5-B27F4A4AD9B5-181

41A10516-EC4F-4E62-A0F4-A5BF8028FAC6-181

• Like 1

1, diggin the thorough job youre doin on cleanin up parts, i need to stop being lazy

and do so myself.

2, awesome to see you pulled off the ball joint conversion, and so fast too.

what did you figure out in regards to post #23 (lca gap, caster adjustment arm)?

was the 280zx mc a direct bolt in, and what size was it

and i like the stance with what youve done and with those wheels.