Thinking about selling my 510, could I get a price check?

I've had this car for a few years now, had a lot of fun with it, put nearly 3k into it just doing little thing here and there to get it running as well as I can. But I'm 90% sure I'll be moving to Hawaii this summer for work and don't actually want to store this at my parents house until I get back.

Preface this with the fact I'm not the most car savvy by any means but if I missed anything (and I'm sure I will) please feel free to ask and I'll answer as quickly as I can.

Here's the link to the pictures:

http://imgur.com/ahz...8rk,bldgA,dQIQx

Specs:

1969 510

Clean title

L20B with 5 speed transmission 65k mileage on both

Dual weber 40's rebuilt 1 year ago

Electronic ignition

Fiero Radiator installed 6 months ago

Coil over suspension

Replaced rear main seal and rear differential

Body:

Windshield has a tiny ding that hasn't spread since I got it, other than that its clean

Body is straight, never been in front end accident

Some bondo on the front right quarter panel, not much

Needs a repaint as you can tell from driver side

Only noticeable rust near trunk latch, nothing major

Electric:

Water temp gauge works, installed thermostat year ago.

Odometer doesn't work (got used to it)

No heater, AC

Wipers work, replaced motor recently

All lights and markers work

Interior:

Backseat has a blanket over it for a reason, chewed to hell, but has all the seat belts in tact

Carpet installed from kit purchased here

Door locks work

Ghetto fabulous vice grips for passenger side door handle/window crank

I understand this car definitely still needs some love, but I drove it off and on for a few years now, no problem as a daily driver. No fuel leaks but has oil leak, I believe due to the backpressure from not having cap on top of the valve cover (tried a few places, nothing fit) Car gets about 24mpg on highway, 18-20 street. Lots of fun to drive, in fact everytime I get back into it if I haven't driven it in awhile I always think "I can't sell this! I just can't!" ;p

I appreciate any feedback all you experts have. I've been on my craigslist in the bay area and haven't seen many that are close enough to my set up to get an idea what I could get for it.

Thanks!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I'm 90% sure I'll be moving to Hawaii this summer for work and don't actually want to store this at my parents house until I get back.

Yeah I am just getting rid of the lawn datsun at my parents house lol

What island? I'm on Maui and would be happy to pick you up and show you around if it's here

I'de say $3,000, unless you have new tires :geek: , $3,500 ! I sold my 1972 3 door for $7,000 but it had a new paint job and complete new interior and mighty clean, deduct paint $2,000, deduct $1,000 on interior and mint chrome pieces...$3,000.00. GLWS :thumbup:

And deduct for the chicken wire holding carb together and the fact new owner has to find, buy and install new window regulators that have been destroyed by the vice grips.......

$2500.

Thanks for all the answers guys, I actually paid 3k for it originally when I was younger and dumber and didn't know what to look for other than "I've always wanted a 510!" :/

The chicken wire is terrible I know lol was pretty mad those popped off.

As far as a 2800 mile trip, the most I've driven it was about 612 miles from Washington state, no problems.

I can put up more pics tomorrow if necessary.

Yeah its going to be Maui, heh thanks for offer :) -still working out details tho!

Thanks for all the answers guys, I actually paid 3k for it originally when I was younger and dumber and didn't know what to look for other than "I've always wanted a 510!" :/

The chicken wire is terrible I know lol was pretty mad those popped off.

As far as a 2800 mile trip, the most I've driven it was about 612 miles from Washington state, no problems.

I can put up more pics tomorrow if necessary.

Yeah its going to be Maui, heh thanks for offer :) -still working out details tho!

i am actually serious about picking up a west coast 510 and driving it home. i would have to have a mechanic look at it before i book a flight. More pics always help a sale go faster.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.