Ill just let the pictures do the talking....

1099.jpg

1102.jpg

1103.jpg

1104.jpg

1107.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0374.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

IMAG0386.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg

IMAG0408.jpg

IMAG0406.jpg

IMAG0407.jpg

To start off I got this truck for a steal, $350 and I was able to drive it home. The guy I bought it from threw in a box of spare part which included two carbs, a starter, and a large amount of misc bolts, nuts, bulbs, and fuses. Once i got it home I began to tear it down! There was a large amount of trash under the seat which im sure you saw in the above pictures. I even found a condom that had to be from the 70's still in the rapper, and a damn chicken bone. What was left of the carpet padding under like seven floor board mats, was soaked in beer and smelled horrible. It wasnt running very smooth so I figured I would do the basic tune up steps such as change the oil, clean the carb, new fuel filter, air filter, gaskets, and spark plugs. Also the starter seemed to be going out so I took the one that was in the box to the auto parts store and they ran the test and said it work like new so that was a good score and money saver. Also there was a crazy contraption to run what started as a auto choke and was rigged to run manually with a pull cable, so I took one of the old chokes off the other carb, plug it in, turned the key and the thing started right up and ran like a top. Ive done some body work mainly the hood and upper and lower valances including the grill, but have spent most of my time in the cab. The floor boards were pretty bad, but the drivers side was a lot worse. Replaced those and continued to sand/roughen up the side walls and roof. What started out as a "yellow" cab was painted with a coat of truck bed coating which gave it a very nice black textered look. Then I decided to steal my wifes sewing machine and attempt to re-rap the seat and visors. Needless to say I will be doing it myself rather than pay to have it done from now on, 25 dollars worth of outdoor cloth is much better than 200. I figured why stop and went to home depot and picked up some hard board to make new door panels using the one old one that was still good as a template, and also used the one good kick panel as a templete. Bought some more of the same frabric and wrapped the door and kick panels. I just recently got the bed bolts to let go and was able to put three inch lowering blocks and some new rear shocks on the back. Thinking about using bed liner on the bottom of the bed since its off, but focusing on the back of the cab first.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I re-indexed the torsion bars today instead of just adjusting them. The front lowered about three and a half inches, the bump stops are just grazing. I think I'm going to take the old bump stops off, and replace them with the low profile bump stops from energy suspension.

IMAG0419-1.jpg

IMAG0412-1.jpg

IMAG0414-1.jpg

bumpstop.png

Time for a update I guess...

So i thought I would try a idea that came to me the other day, I havent seen it on any of the threads I have browsed through on the forum. And just for the guys who freak out abou another person painting there truck/car flat black and calling it good that wont happen here. The plan is to just have the hood black while the body is around a olive or dark olive green color. Its not bad for a rattle can paint job it has the usual orange peel, and after some wet sanding and a buff it should come out ok. I do have a question though, does the over all flatness of the flat paint change if say a power buffer was used on it?

Now for some OICS!!!

IMAG0461.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0453.jpg

IMAG0450-1.jpg

Oh and also painted the gas tank with some bed liner real quick...

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg