auto zone carpet

ok. so, i'm tired of not having any carpet in my 620 kc. i went to the local auto zone and saw their recycled roll of carpet. it looks like crap just in the roll. decided that i'd just find some remnants and go that route. but apparently carpet stores around here do not keep any remnants. so i try home depot, lowes, annas linens, michels, at this point i was just wanting a throw rug to cut up. besides not having anything large enough you can't even get the throws in one color without a pattern. reluctantly, i went back to the zone. bought the cheap stuff, a tin sun visor, and some permatex spray glue. so far it's working out pretty well and have driver side pretty much done.

anyone have any luck with az carpet? how does it wear? fast i'm sure.

we all know what a bare 620 floor looks like.

pics to come.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have used the Home Depot outdoor carpet. The black stuff (ebony is what they call it). It is the exact same material as sold by a certain member on the forum as a kit. It comes on a 6' wide roll, and you pay per foot. Here is $4.50 a ft.

i went with a cheap jumbo chrome sun visor because of the heat my header puts through the floor. hopefully it will not be a fruitless effort. this is also done on the cheap because of no job and a whole lot of time right now. lol.

This may not apply, but it's what experience I've had with spray adhesive;

It sticks and makes everything nice, yeah. But once it gets really hot, 100+, and after a while depending on the material it's bonding, it will stop being sticky, and the two surfaces will lift.

Just my .02.

I used the outdoor carpet from Home Depot on the 610. I like the outcome - very clean, and recommend it for anyone who is thinking about carpet...just my $0.02...

DSC00254.jpg

love the spray glue too.

Spray glue + carpet + heat or time = fail

i went with a cheap jumbo chrome sun visor because of the heat my header puts through the floor. hopefully it will not be a fruitless effort.

How's that heat relfector working out on the floor??? ........ .:rofl: ...... .. . I wrap my shoes in tin foil