Rip Off Artist

tangent

So im waiting for parts, bored decided to do some painting, ripped off ka-510's paint sceme... dont think Im gonna keep it, little bold for my tastes.. but I thought Id post the pics, the black was supposed to be much lighter, I thought that is was just a little darker than my other grey primer.

disc023.jpg

disc024.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats cool! where did you find a cover for a 521? or is it custom?

I built it, Ive got it in a thread out there somewhere, all you need is a grinder, welder, and about $180 in materials.. but you cold do it cheaper, i used 16 guage steel but really it could have been thinner than that.. oh and for gas supports, its another $60-80 or so.. got those planned out but not purchased because of the big disc brake conversion..

Do women at Maaco dress like that??? :D

I would have gotten a better shot but she couldnt know I was taking her picture...:D

speakin of chicks, whos the one in your avitar bleach

160 sounds like a good deal. Maybe I could just used some galvanized from worK :D

BEWARE GALVI FUMES.. they are no bueno

I had to buy and entire sheet (5'x10") hot rolled and then I paid them to cut it all almost to size, an inch bigger all the way round.. I built the frame out of 1 inch 14 guage angle iron..

P1010007.jpg

I left about 3/16 of an inch all the way around and used 2 pieces of 1 inch square tubing across the width of it, examine yours closely for any crown "bow" in the steel and keep it going the same way.

P1010008-1.jpg

Ive gotten mixed reviews on my hinge..

P1010005.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010009.jpg

don't want to be the a hole but why didin't you radius the corners?

LMAO... dont worry your not the A-Hole, as soon as i clipped them I thought the same thing. But now I dont even notice it.. when I build the next aluminium one Ill make sure to do that.

looks great. inspiring. I'm going to build one that is reinforced so you could stand on it, then create a telescopic stripper pole in the middle. then when you lift it up...HOT TUB

i have always wanted a cover for my truck...hmm

...I just got a very bad visual... mklotz on top of there dancing... please make it stop...

Thats a riot...

I did look at at when i first built it and my first thought was, "DAMN.. I could sleep in there!" and believe me, in years past I would have... I lived in a 1977 honda civc for a short while in N.Z and that sombitch was cramped.. you had to get out of the damn thing to turn over.