Akumazedex S30

Progress today!!

Got my exedy stage1 clutch in yesterday, and got it all installed

b523232a.jpg

And you know what that means?

Yup, time to drop in the motor!

9fffed3f.jpg

I had a hell of a time trying to get it to mate to the transmission last night but got them togather in like 5 minutes this morning like a mail order bride service.

16f5625e.jpg

d4a4f180.jpg

Then we had a mini Z meet at my house lol

eb6f32c3.jpg

So now it should be all down hill from here (knock on your hard wood)

I need to get exhaust, radiator, and little tid bits and gaskets. Sooooo close!!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my to do list

260z To do list

Engine:

• Ignition (plugs,wires,cap,rotor) maybe HEI

• Cooling (thermostat, hoses, radiator, fan clutch, fan)

• Belt

• Exhaust (msa header, exhaust)

• Fuel (electronic pump + fuel regulator)

Transmission

• Top off fluid (GL4)

Electrical

• fix running lights (headlamp switch?)

• finish battery Tiedown

Suspension

• fix fr strut (gland nut)

• check everything else

So since im still waiting to get paid to get the rest of the motor togather I decided to put some other things on. I put my grant/momo or whatever you wanna call it wheel on.

95f8af93.jpg

And my Oldschool eagle eye fogs

6ce40a39.jpg

I rather like them actually, they're dual fog/driving lights. Cool old stuff you don't see anymore. I get moneys Friday so I'll be getting the exhaust manifold an carbs on at least.

• Like 1

So I got some stuff crossed off my list today,

Replaced my headlight switch, had to do some wiring cuz its from a 240z. Also found a shorted side marker light, will attend that later.

Cleaned up my battery wiring, and redid the ground to the body, full size battery cable instead of a tiny little wire.

Put in a battery tie down, no more battery falling over an shorting on the valve cover :P

And installed a volt meter since the amp meter is practically useless in my opinion.

Getting A bunch of gaskets tomorrow and misc stuff, maybe HEI module too... Hmmmmmm

• Like 1

So Im still waiting on a paycheck to order what I'm thinking is the last of the "need to run" parts, however, I got my gland nut issue fixed on my front right case, had to clean up some threads and file the case some, but it's in and snug as a bug :P.

Also took this time to check out the brakes, seem ok, hella rusty, and need new soft lines but otherwise ok.

And in the happy time couple coils on the front springs seemed to have come off.... <_<

7d29dab4.jpg

Now it's not monster truck status as much, except for the tires, I'm having some second thoughts about fitting these wheels in the front, I'm thinking there is gonna be some major clearance issues with the fender. Oh well, I'll make them work lol.

More stuff done today while I wait.

Fixed my door locks, actually replaced one and cleaned up the hatch linkage an junk.

Cleaning off the rust on the clip really makes putting it back in much easier lol

7a555a04.jpg

Then I got my door handle/arm rest on, had to cannibalize my door panel and drill new holes to get the 260 handle on. 240 panel? Ionno

6f8678e7.jpg

And got my hood back on

32f8749c.jpg

Messed around with some tire fittment, what I found was.. That with a 205/60-15 the front wheels will rub the front valance. Thinking about finding some 15x8 eagles for the front ( someone trade 2 for 2 15x10?), or cutting the valance to clear, or selling the eagles for new wheels. Hmmmm choices.