SoCal: Looking for fabricator for SR20DET 510 swap

Sup guys. I'm located here in Southern California and was looking for someone local who could help me put together the pieces for my project. I'm doing a SR20DET swap into my 72 dime and can't seem to find a one-stop shop like Datsport or Maddat here in California -- or even the states!

I've heard of Mario at TSR but I don't know how to get in contact with him. I've seen craigslist ad's about a shop in Downey that does a full swap for around 4K but the shop's reputation is garbage and is known for scouting and stealing cars.

It sucks cause I definitely don't have the tools or expertise to do a lot of the fab work myself and I DON'T want to spend an arm and a leg to ship a swap kit from AUS to the US. I'd much rather spend that shipping money on a resource local to me with the knowledge and experience to help me do this right.

Aaannny information you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Look up Datsun Parts LLC He is on here. He has a killer shop in Ontario that will do the swap R Rated motorsports I think is the name of the shop.

Look up Datsun Parts LLC He is on here. He has a killer shop in Ontario that will do the swap R Rated motorsports I think is the name of the shop.

thats the shop there right off the 60 freeway and grove i believe on the north of the 60 and philidelphia good guys they do good work.check out 240z for show in the forums and look under 620 truck and look for datsun parts llc you will see there work.

Hey this is Brad from Hosestop/Alleycatgarage we do some here in Whittier and have helped out people that install then we have done electrical part ,anyway we can do it ,have one or two ahead of next swap cust ( John in Victorville with sr20 na better get it down here !) . we only do one at a time,,recentley finished 2.4 Mitsu. FI. in a Dodge colt ,I did red SR20det truck complete in less than eight weeks ,anyway we also do some restoration body and paint, so at this time painting a 55 Chevy station wagon , we work on import and domestic anyway write me at hosestop@msn.com we make all brake hardlines and SS brake hoses also just been doing more swaps and disc brake conversions lately. Also I post at photo bucket to see progress of your car..

• 2 weeks later...

John, the guy 72Nismo is talking about is the best game in town. He is very honest and very good and reliable. He stands behind his work and is easy to get a hold of. I know alot of the cars he has done and also know first hand that he has repaired alot of poorly done swaps by others. He is a stand up guy that I have no hesitation to put my reputation behind. I currently own the first car in the picture (Orange Wagon with a KA24DET swap) that is a daily driver. You cant go wrong using John. :thumbup: PM me and I can help you get in touch with him, he is in Fullerton.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

JER Developement. They do custom swaps on everything! They have a 4 door 510 SR20 that they are fixing up for someone right now since the previous job looks like a hack. The best swap I have seen is the Acura RSX swap into a 67 Mini Cooper truck! http://www.jerdevelopment.com/

531364_3827326805485_1347247163_33432212_739360901_n.jpg

that is Linh's shop.. he knows his shit but it's gonna cost you at least an arm.. he did a swap for me in '98 when he owned Japanese engine land good guy..

John, the guy 72Nismo is talking about is the best game in town. He is very honest and very good and reliable. He stands behind his work and is easy to get a hold of. I know alot of the cars he has done and also know first hand that he has repaired alot of poorly done swaps by others. He is a stand up guy that I have no hesitation to put my reputation behind. I currently own the first car in the picture (Orange Wagon with a KA24DET swap) that is a daily driver. You cant go wrong using John. :thumbup: PM me and I can help you get in touch with him, he is in Fullerton.

John did my swap and I couldnt be happier. awesome guy and he stands behind his work. everytime I had a question he was more than happy to help trouble shoot. Not just a mechanic but a true enthusiast everytime I came by he was helping someone with their set-up. he is definetly the go-to guy in orange county for datsuns IMO. good luck

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Lol...I might run out of duct tape and gum before its finished! Plus I need the 510 that I'm hoping on having this weekend!!! Crossing my fingers it's all nice and straight!

Just the time factor is my main concern for the swap, have 2 little ones and would love just to drop her off and pick her up.

I'm going to set up the suspension/wheels/tires/brakes first.