First post.

Hello.

I've recently come across a 4 door 1970 510. Have not purchased it yet, will be looking at it sometime in the next 2 weeks.

I've never owned an old Datsun, what areas should I inspect for rust?

I have the same question for the B210 hatchback, if the answers are differemt.

It is a stock car, was used as a DD until a year ago(the 510).

I intend to drive the car on weekends mostly.

510-1-1.jpg

Thank you.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both the above posts are correct... youre going to want to inspect as much as you can see. Since its an older car, youre going to want to look at places that arent normally visible. Lift up the corners of the carpet, pick up the spare tire cover, get down on your back and look at frame rails/rocker, look in wheel wells. Bring a flashlight with you even if youre doing it during the day. It will help you look behind the engine or under the car.

Are you sure thats a 70?- it has earlier 68/69 sidemarkers and a 68 grille (though the panels are a different color so all of that could have been swapped over)

mope it sucks leave it there... dont bother.... but would u be a nice chap and give me the gps cordinates of said car for my trip next month to texas.... but no pass on it.......how bout the guys number...oh its a turd dont bother....was it on craiglist...run its a beater....RUN

this is ratsun the answer is if its all there buy it....if u can see the grass thru the floor buy it just low ball him though...but buy it...

ps not going to texas next month so don't worry

do buy and post pics

Thanks for all the advice. I also will have a fellow 510 owner on the phone during the rust inspection.

No pics of the b210 yet. Owner said it was a 70(the 510), it may be different. I have yet to lay eyes on either car.

mope it sucks leave it there... dont bother.... but would u be a nice chap and give me the gps cordinates of said car for my trip next month to texas.... but no pass on it.......how bout the guys number...oh its a turd dont bother....was it on craiglist...run its a beater....RUN

Nice one.

ps not going to texas next month so don't worry

or are you...? <_<

Its probably a 70 or a 69 sold im 70 but with the 68/69 parts swapped onto it. Either way you should probably pick up since you said it was at DD status for awhile. So if its not a ridiculous amount of rust and the price is good... get it.

It's a '70. (maybe newer with all those other parts)

'68 and '69s had the radio antenna mounted on the wiper arm cowl. '70 was the first year it was moved to the pass side windshield pillar. Nice slots.

510-1-1.jpg

Talked to the owner today, arranged for a time to come look at the cars tomorrow.

He called 2 hours later and asked how much I was going to pay for the cars. I told him that I would pay the asking price.

He raised the price by $400, and informed me that there is only a bill of sale on the 510. I am to take his word that he will get me the title.(he would not honor his own asking price).

Im not getting the car from him. Fuck it, not the last 510 ever. It is still cheap, someone else is likely interested and that is why he raised the price.

It was originlly $600 for both.

link to the ad, if someone wants it:

http://dallas.craigs...2856628710.html

The only other pic I have. The B210 is in the background.

510-2.jpg

Good parts trucks.$400 a piece or $600 for both.No emails please.If interested call 817 825-0680.

Dude is being a fuck. Just called him for a shiggle and he told me $1000. I referenced the ad and he said "If you don't want them, that's fine with me."

I posted his phone number on 4Chan.